• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Why is National Rail suggesting I change for a slower train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm333

I’m looking to go from Canterbury East to London Bridge, travelling on a weekday, leaving on the 0814.

National Rail is suggesting I change at Rainham onto a Thameslink and then change again at Dartford for a Southeastern service.
Example journey: https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/CBE/LBG/110522/0800/dep

If I stayed on the Thameslink I’d get into London Bridge at 1027. By changing at Dartford, I arrive at 1033.

So why is National Rail suggesting I take a slower journey?

(Yes, I know it probably would be quicker if I stayed on the original train to Victoria and then got the tube, but what can I say? I like trains more than I like tubes!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Curious.
The data on RTT shows the Thameslink stopping as booked at LBG, but booking engines (I tested LNER) don't like it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.