• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wich is the Hemel Hempstead to London Weekends best fare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrestl

Hi!

I´m thinking to move to Hemel Hempstead and I´m wondering how much would it cost to go to London on weekends?. What would be the best ticket to buy if i want to go return to London on the same day?, plus be able to use the underground and buses (Zones 1,2,3). Sometimes i´ll have a place to stay in London, then i´d need tickets valid from saturday to sunday or friday to sunday, Hemel Hempstead return, plus underground and buses: zones 1,2,3. What´s the best fare i can get?

Thanks a lot!
Andrew T

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Off peak travelcard, £16 and valid on any train at Weekends.

Code:
ODT   -  OFF-PEAK TCD STD            LMR
00000 -  ANY PERMITTED   
Non-standard discounts apply
   1 Adult    @£    16.00  =  £    16.00

Restriction : C4
Restriction applies: Monday to
Friday only. No travel        
restrictions on other days.   

OUTWARD TRAVEL                

By any train scheduled to     
arrive London Terminals or    
Kensington Olympia at or after

RETURN TRAVEL                 

By any train

A60K

If you're coming back the following day, then you can't buy a Travelcard directly from London to Hemel - instead you get a regular Travelcard in London, then buy a Boundary Zone 4 or 6 to Hemel single from the window at Euston to extend your Travelcard.

And it would almost certainly be worth getting a Network Railcard - one-third off those tickets for £25 a year.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Forget the fare - don't move to Hemel. Its a ****ehole, and I've only just got out of it. I'm in no hurry to go back....

Status
Not open for further replies.