• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wickford + Southend Victoria 'Bash'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascot

Established Member
Well got woken up at 5 by my alarm telling me i have 15 mins to get showered dressed and at the bus stop inbound for Birmingham. Bus came at 05:15 (WMT 94) and arrived into New Street with 20 mins to spare.

At New Street i got a copy of the metro and some drinks for myself. Boarded the 06:10 Virgin Pendo to Euston and left about 5 or so mins late. We was behind a local up to Coventry and that added onto our delay. As i walked back form the shop to my seat i was "greeted" by a group of drunken kids and they shut up after 2 seconds of talk. As i sat down i could feel the emergency brakes kicking in and grinding to a halt at least 3 times and then a PA stating we will be delayed at Milton Keynes Central due to drunken jokers on the train while we wait for BTP, so as ya do "at least an hr waiting for them" goes through ya mind. Rang the person i was meeting stating "gonna be a bit l8 bab but i'll let ya know wen i leave Liverpool Street luv ya" As we left 25 mins late out of Milton Keynes we seen the BTP and virgin staff pinning the 2 drunks on the floor, laugher was heard on the train then.

Arrived into Euston 20 about 15/20 late and i had to run straight to the LUL towards Moorgate. Train wasn't that busy for Northern Line. After running through onto the Central to Liverpool St i looked at the big departure boards seeing the 08:34 wasn't on their (and it was 08:30 so it was ready) ran along the station seeing it was on Platform 7 with Southend Victoria on the back and a dispatcher ready. Jumped on with seconds to spare and sailed very quickly to Wickford.

As i got off the train i was greeted very warmly and we set off back to the house so i can take me bag off with me over night clothes in. Bashed the swings for a while together then finally arrived took me bag off then bashed the bed together until about 2 when we had to do the paper round and that was an hr and back to the room. Watched DVDs for a bit and got ready for bed and then time for some serious haulage class 69 but still Virgin style, both our calls.

Next morning we set off for a 321/3 bash to Southend Victoria. Walked to Wickford station with about 3 mins to spare. Yes that should be enough time to get tickets but oh no, women and machines don't mix do they. Payed the piper dance to the music they say. I was having a chat to one of the 'none' staff while she calls over going the tickets ent coming out. Withing seconds we found out she didn't notice they don't come out of the credit card slot and they come out of the tray at the bottom.

Finally on the next train just time to chill out and relax until we arrived. Got into Southend and it rained. Ran into Whimpys and bashed that until it stopped and bashed the pier hand in hand and then the sun came out and ended up a warm day.

Back on the train to Wickford not alot hapened apart from the same as the outward got off and did a little bit of shopping and i got my bag and we walked back to the station for the end of a great day, or was it?

Got into Liverpool Street on time and got the Central to Moorgate thinging well shall i get Chiltern or Virgin since it's Saturday, i chanced the Virgin and got off at Moorgate withing i got off at Euston Square as the Northern was PACKED. Got on the Liverpool Lime Street train and was full of football fans going to Milton Keynes Central. Then got into Nuneaton and had to wait 5 mins until my 170 dropped me into New Street for just gone 20:08.

All in all a good bash/thrash whatever you wanna call it.

EDIT:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2849/dsc00948hf5.jpg
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1142/dsc00949hv8.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4224/dsc00950zb7.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/3656/dsc00951yy4.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
class 313 said:
I hate wickford, they lost my phone... etc fukin ONE grrrr
How did 'one' loose your phone? More like you lost it :roll:

class 313

Established Member
They called up using my phone saying they had it, i go and collect it. "We havnt seen a bag or phone like that for years"

Ascot

Established Member
Jim said:
Whens the next bash ;)

Around the 26th this month.

Class 313 said:
They called up using my phone saying they had it, i go and collect it. "We havnt seen a bag or phone like that for years"

Person who took your phone played a trick on you to make you think they had it?

class 313

Established Member
Well they said its wickford station and told my mum and i to collect it at liverpool st in a weeks time, does wickford have any women memeber of staff? coz it was a women who called me

jonb

Established Member
Not ONE's fault YOU lost your phone is it! Be more careful next time maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.