• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wickford to Westenhanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone76

Evening,

Would it be possible to get some guidance on this journey please?

I wish to travel from Wickford to Folkestone Central on Thursday 25th August 2011 (off-peak), returning the same day. I've got an annual Wickford to Liverpool Street season ticket already (gold card).

Is the fare of £22.05 I found on the SE trains web valid on HS1 changing at Stratford? I did try on the NXEA site and I think it came up with £33.40.

I know my existing season ticket is valid to Stratford, but I couldn't see much difference in price between starting my journey at anywhere along the route.

Also, would it be possible to break my outward journey at Westenhanger?

Many thanks.

Tom
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry - the title should read Wickford to Folkestone Central.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
There's no standard-class tickets valid on HS1 issued from Stratford London to Folkestone Stns; you could get one from London Terminals to Folkestone Stns which would cost £22 for a CDR route PLUS HIGH SPEED with Gold Card discount (valid at or after 0930) and there's no problem with a break of journey.

First class

Established Member
Why not a SFA-Folkestone Stns CDR ticket for £21.90 with B1 restriction. Valid after 09:30, Break of Journey fine.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There is a free bus between Stratford Domestic and Stratford International for ticket holders for HS1 services. The off-peak day return from Stratford International to Folkestone Central costs £21.90 with a Network Gold Card. The only possible issue is what happens when the DLR link opens. It is possible that SET HS1 tickets will still entitle free travel on the DLR between the two stations, but I don't know what will happen. I also don't know for certain when the service will start.

As for the break of journey, as island says, it is allowed. Bear in mind that no direct services between Folkestone and Stratford call at Westenhanger, so you will need to change again at Ashford International.

Status
Not open for further replies.