• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wigan - London any permitted route

Status
Not open for further replies.

missh

Hello.

If I am to book an open return with any route permitted - can I feasibly go from Wigan-Manchester Pic then Manchester to London Euston rather than the direct Wigan-London Euston?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Welcome to the forum.

I assume that by "open return" you mean the £82.40 offpeak return (or the £317 anytime return). If so, then both seem to be valid for travel via Manchester Piccadilly.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The timings travelling via Manchester will be at least 30 minutes longer but potentially offer additional journey opportunities. There is no extra to pay for taking this route.

island

Veteran Member
Hello.

If I am to book an open return with any route permitted - can I feasibly go from Wigan-Manchester Pic then Manchester to London Euston rather than the direct Wigan-London Euston?

Thanks

That's perfectly fine, though you are likely to be slower that way than joining the hourly service from Wigan North Western that is fast from Warrington Bank Quay to Euston.

Status
Not open for further replies.