• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wigan -Workington 14/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

windswept

I booked an advance ticket (via TPE) for the above journey in early April. The journey details are

Wigan 15.43-Preston 15.57
Preston 16.10 - Carlisle 18.00 (by bus)
Carlisle 18.14 - Workington 19.03

Unfortunately an extra stop at Penrith has been added to the replacement bus since I booked, so it now gets into Carlisle at 18.25, meaning I'll have to catch the 19.00. I have a reservation for both the Wigan-Preston and Carlisle-Workington legs of the journey - will I encounter any problems having my ticket accepted on the later Carlisle-Workington train?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
You should expect no hassle, just explain yourself to the guard or seek a member of staff at Carlisle, who may have a word with guard or write on your ticket.

At the end of the day it's not your fault that the extra stop has been added into the bus journey between Preston & Carlisle.

And as Yorkie mentions write in for delay repay!

windswept

Thank you! Thought it'd be worth checking though.

Would I have any chance of success if I asked TPE for permission to travel an hour earlier so I don't have to arrive quite so late? I'd imagine it's not worth it as it's a virgin replacement bus...

Status
Not open for further replies.