• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will a current Driving ban effect my Level 3 Rail Engineering/Track Maintance course and employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick85

Hi, I have applied and attended a Level 3 Rail Engineering appointment and I am currently doing my maths and English assessments with Hartlepool college to start the 14 week course with National Skills Solutions.

But I have an unspent for a driving offence, which I have to declare for the next 4 years and I am still currently banned until 2022.

Would this be a problem for the course or for employees hiring me?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
As long as you can proactively demonstrate you can get to work by other means (walk, bike, public transport, lift from friend or family) and there is no requirement to drive as part of the role you should be ok. So if asked on an application or in an interview, declare it but back it up immediately with how you would get to work so they aren’t left wondering.

Nick85

As long as you can proactively demonstrate you can get to work by other means (walk, bike, public transport, lift from friend or family) and there is no requirement to drive as part of the role you should be ok. So if asked on an application or in an interview, declare it but back it up immediately with how you would get to work so they aren’t left wondering.
OK, thanks for the info!

bouff34

it may also depend on what the ban was originally for as to whether it makes any difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.