• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will corridor carriages ever come back to our railways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SWTCommuter

Could be, my memory is not that reliable these days ;)

Still, I'm fairly sure it was a modern (at the time) Wessex train. Maybe they declassified one for an experiment? Although I also thought it was an 8 seater as opposed to the 6 seater 1st compartments.

The 6-seater compartments and corridor didn't run the full length of the carriage. Behind the driver's cab there was a small first-class open area with 2+2 seating identical to that in standard class, apart from the cloth colour and anti-mocassars. Perhaps this is what you are thinking of? I don't recall it ever being declassified, however.

The viewpoint of the photograph at the bottom of this web page is from the doorway leading from the corridor section http://www.semgonline.com/gallery/class442_3.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.