• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will I have problems getting a Northern Family and Friends ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I am wondering if I am likely to have problems getting a Northern Family and Friends ticket (the one where you exchange a voucher given to you by your Northern employee friend/family member) for £6 issued at Nottingham station? Northern serve this station but the ticket office is manned by East Midlands Trains.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I am wondering if I am likely to have problems getting a Northern Family and Friends ticket (the one where you exchange a voucher given to you by your Northern employee friend/family member) for £6 issued at Nottingham station? Northern serve this station but the ticket office is manned by East Midlands Trains.

Shouldn't be an issue... My local station is manned by TPE people but I never have trouble getting Northern only tickets

gray1404

Established Member
It just says that they are valid for travel on Northern only and must be done at a booking office before travel and that it cannot be done on a train. It does not say that it must be done at a Northern ran station.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Good thanks. Just hope the staff at the other ToC EMT know how to issue it.

They should do.

If they don't tell them to go to their Rovers & Rangers menu and search for 'Northern'. It should pop up at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.