• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Will the Frequently requested diagrams thread resume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter749

Trying to find out information as to what is diagrammed is hit and miss
There is information on a number of Facebook pages but they deal with what is happening on the day rather what is planned.

What do people think

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Trying to find out information as to what is diagrammed is hit and miss
There is information on a number of Facebook pages but they deal with what is happening on the day rather what is planned.

What do people think

The thread was suspended because of the ever changing position regarding service. It relied on information being fed in and maintained by volunteers. It is explained in the Post introducing the thread

Peter749

The thread was suspended because of the ever changing position regarding service. It relied on information being fed in and maintained by volunteers. It is explained in the Post introducing the thread
I did see the note about it being suspended but as we slowly return to normality I wondered if the thread would be restarted
Strange that the thread on Tops Allocations that does require up to date info is still running but one that would only get changed every 3 or 4 months is not.

I suppose there are other pages on the net with similar info.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I did see the note about it being suspended but as we slowly return to normality I wondered if the thread would be restarted
Strange that the thread on Tops Allocations that does require up to date info is still running but one that would only get changed every 3 or 4 months is not.

But things will keep changing because we haven't yet actually changed to normality. Details are not always up to date anyway as, I have said, people have to be willing to feed info in.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

TOPS request threads are normally manned by multiple volunteers while the frequently requested diagrams thread will have one core contributor who collates all information. It is all down to the way things are structured, as the former are for ad hoc requests specific to each day/service/unit so updated via new posts whereas the other is a reference for a set period so all information must be collated in the first few posts in the thread. It would not be fair to place all the workload on the one forum member managing the thread with things changing every now and then.

The latter should be returned to normal service when things settle down post-covid.

Freightmaster

Established Member
Further to BB21's reply, as someone who runs a railway forum and website,
it's far far easier to answer 'one off' questions and requests than it is to keep
a large database of information constantly up to date (I do both on a daily basis!)

MARK

bramling

Veteran Member
TOPS request threads are normally manned by multiple volunteers while the frequently requested diagrams thread will have one core contributor who collates all information. It is all down to the way things are structured, as the former are for ad hoc requests specific to each day/service/unit so updated via new posts whereas the other is a reference for a set period so all information must be collated in the first few posts in the thread. It would not be fair to place all the workload on the one forum member managing the thread with things changing every now and then.

The latter should be returned to normal service when things settle down post-covid.

I like the diagrams threat, but agree with things changing on a revolving basis at the moment it would be difficult to maintain.

Peter749

I like the diagrams threat, but agree with things changing on a revolving basis at the moment it would be difficult to maintain.
I would think on the railway the changes that are taking place are on an STP Basis on would not need to be covered by the thread

I wonder how often people expect the diagrams to be updated?
I'm thinking every 3 months if there are any changes
These should be the LTP Diagrams and what changes on a weekly basis would not be in the thread.

=====================================================================================

So as LTP diagrams are not available on these pages can anyone suggest where to find diagrams?
I know a TPE FB Group covers the Class 68 workings and there is the Class 225 FB Group covering the Class 91 workings

Anyone now of others?

Thanks

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.