• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Willesden Junction, London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1967

I am taking a trip to London soon on a Friday and will be spending some of the day between 10.00am and 17.00 pm at the footbridge at Willesden Junction. I am particulary keen to catch some freight and especially any 59 and 92 movements. Does anybody know the approximate timings of any workings involving these two classes, so that I can plan which part of the day is best to capture them. many thanks !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TGVDUDE

I can confirm the above statement but i was fine when i went the other week.

Stay there long enough and you'll see what you'll like. I saw double headed 92's and a tripe header 66/66/90 when I went within 10/15mins of each other.:D

Established Member
Be careful, Willesden Junction is not in a very nice area.

What is that meant to mean, Ive worked there for 17 years and have had no trouble.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I can confirm the above statement but i was fine when i went the other week.

What evidence do you have that Willesden Junction is no safer then any other in London?

It is no less dangerous then where my nearest station is (Finsbury Park).

I was going to add one of your possible reasons but that could turn it into argument and i would be accused of insinuating something sinister.

LMS6202

Willesden has never been one of the more salubrious areas of London. Even in the 50's. Lots of low life in those parts.

Fig

Can I just point out that Willesden Junction station is not in Willesden. Willesden is a few miles up the road and a very nice place. Well, the Willesden Green end is anyway. I lived there for a couple of years and liked it a lot. The Kinks even wrote a song about it. :D

Can I just point out that Willesden Junction station is not in Willesden. Willesden is a few miles up the road and a very nice place. Well, the Willesden Green end is anyway. I lived there for a couple of years and liked it a lot. The Kinks even wrote a song about it. :D

Correct, Willesden Junction is actually nearer to Harlesden, lovely area :lol:

TGVDUDE

What is that meant to mean, Ive worked there for 17 years and have had no trouble.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

What evidence do you have that Willesden Junction is no safer then any other in London?

It is no less dangerous then where my nearest station is (Finsbury Park).

I was going to add one of your possible reasons but that could turn it into argument and i would be accused of insinuating something sinister.

My friend who lives in London said so, i could only take his word for it at the time, but as i said, when i went it was very quiet with no problems

Established Member
I am taking a trip to London soon on a Friday and will be spending some of the day between 10.00am and 17.00 pm at the footbridge at Willesden Junction. I am particulary keen to catch some freight and especially any 59 and 92 movements. Does anybody know the approximate timings of any workings involving these two classes, so that I can plan which part of the day is best to capture them. many thanks !

Not Willesden Jn but nearby 92 action north of Wembley can be deduced from the freight timetable available on Leighton Logs under the 'current info' tab. Add/subtract 40-60 minutes for times in the Wembley Central area and position yourself at, perhaps, Carpenters Park to phot them. A good flurry of afternoon/evening 92 activity.

There were 2x59 on Bow Olympic at 1930 tonight which must have come across from Acton via Willesden HL at some stage of the afternoon/evening.

daza7789

On the high level lines you get a 92 through about 1400 on 4E32, along with a flurry of 59s/66s throughout the day. I will be on duty training at willesden HL signal box tomo so may well see you on the bridge,
Fridays normally busier for freight (alot did not run today) but thats not always the way.

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.