• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wills' birthday gift from his beloved mum: Prince inherits £10m from Diana as he turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

The milestone date means he becomes eligible to inherit the huge windfall under the terms of Diana’s will

By Victoria Murphy 21 Jun 2012

Prince William woke up £10million richer today – after a 30th birthday “gift” from his beloved mum.

The milestone date means he becomes eligible to inherit the huge windfall under the terms of Diana’s will.

The princess, who died in 1997, left an estate worth £12,966,022 – after tax deductions of £8,502,330.

With shrewd investment the fund, including stocks and shares, jewellery, dresses and other personal items, is believed to have grown to about £20million.

Diana stipulated the money would be held in trust to be shared equally between sons William and Harry, 27 – even though William will inherit income from the Duchy of Cornwall estate when he becomes Prince of Wales.

Despite the massive windfall, William’s birthday will be a low-key affair – as he continues his duties as a search and rescue pilot with a week-long written training course in Gloucestershire.

A source said: “William is happy to work on his 30th. For him work commitments are the most important thing.

He loves being in the military so it’s important for him to do everything required to be the best he can be.”

William will meet up with wife Kate this evening after finishing his studies and is expected to mark his birthday with a quiet family get-together at the weekend.

Dedicated William was also working on his birthday last year, flying helicopters from RAF Anglesey where he is scheduled to be based until the middle of next year.

He recently told how he is torn between wanting to remain in the military because of his love of flying and the pressure for him to take on more royal engagements.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-william-inherits-10m-from-princess-904754

It pays to be royalty. Prince William has a £10million inheritance and a fairly attractive wife. What a lucky dude. However, I'm sure that the people in the UK who are struggling to pay the bills will be less than thrilled to hear this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
William may be "dedicated" but he's far too valuable as a potential hostage to send near an actual war zone so even training him in the RAF is wasting taxpayer money.

It sickens me to read that he's been set for life since the day he was born merely because of who his parents happened to be.

Butts

Veteran Member
William may be "dedicated" but he's far too valuable as a potential hostage to send near an actual war zone so even training him in the RAF is wasting taxpayer money.

It sickens me to read that he's been set for life since the day he was born merely because of who his parents happened to be.

So if the tables were turned would you accept the money - are you just doing a "sour grape" turn.

SS4

Established Member
So if the tables were turned would you accept the money - are you just doing a "sour grape" turn.

Of course and of course :D

If the money was off the Press instead of the taxpayer that would be different. It could also be said that some of it was because he's going to be in public view whatever he does.

Butts

Veteran Member
Of course and of course :D

If the money was off the Press instead of the taxpayer that would be different. It could also be said that some of it was because he's going to be in public view whatever he does.

But perhaps you should stop all Money going to Royalty and hand back the Crown Estates they gave up in lieu - your talking billions :p

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

He's a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot (he flies those big yellow Sea Kings) so I'd say we're not wasting taxpayer money on his training as he's doing his job!

David

Established Member

I presume that Prince Harry isn't valuable enough as a hostage then as he has served in Afganistan, that is, until he was "exposed" by the American media.

Don't hate for the sake of hating. At least he is doing something worthwhile with his life (serving in the armed forces) instead of being rich and famous for doing nothing.

Butts

Veteran Member
May I ask the OP why he is so obsessed with events in The United Kingdom,you often seem to "light the touchpaper" and retire :idea:

Trog

Established Member
May I ask the OP why he is so obsessed with events in The United Kingdom,you often seem to "light the touchpaper" and retire :idea:

I guess if he is interested in the UK, and wants to learn what we think. Asking a question that will stir up a mixture of views is a good way to learn.

As for me I am not sure £10 million is a lot of money in return for losing your mother at a young age and having to live your whole life in a goldfish bowl.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
He's a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot (he flies those big yellow Sea Kings) so I'd say we're not wasting taxpayer money on his training as he's doing his job!

These pilots perform an excellent job that needs precision working in difficult situations and have to be trained to the highest level.

Surely no-one on this forum will decry the work that these Search and Rescue helicopter pilots actually do, whoever they are...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.