• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wimbledon, Surbiton and Clapham Junction (24.1.09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Since the RUK LHR meet failed, I had forgotten and couldn't go anyway. I decided to take the plung and go on my own photting in my area and Clapham. Here are the results, Any Criticism is welcome:

DSCF8041copy.jpg

DSCF8047copy-1.jpg

DSCF8052copy-1.jpg

DSCF8066copy.jpg

DSCF8086copy.jpg

DSCF8088copy.jpg

DSCF8090copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nath9425

Theres quite a bit of a noise to the pictures - What ISO setting did you have the camera on?

Apart from that ... Your now becoming reasonably acceptable.

Try starting off your own gallery as well, that may show things off a bit.

curly42

Some of the exposures are very iffy - picture 1 especially so.Also too much use of the telephoto for my tastes.
The ideas seem fine,you just need to keep taking shots and define your tecnique- it all comes with experience.
The shot across the tracks of the two yellow 73s is disposable - it doesn't present anything interesting.Try not to photograph things just because they are there - always try for a different approach.Remember,when people look at your pictures,they'll think "what is the photographer trying to say with this image".
You never know what you can achieve until you try - so keep trying.
Hope this is of some use to you.

Established Member
Some of the exposures are very iffy - picture 1 especially so.Also too much use of the telephoto for my tastes.
The ideas seem fine,you just need to keep taking shots and define your tecnique- it all comes with experience.
The shot across the tracks of the two yellow 73s is disposable - it doesn't present anything interesting.Try not to photograph things just because they are there - always try for a different approach.Remember,when people look at your pictures,they'll think "what is the photographer trying to say with this image".
You never know what you can achieve until you try - so keep trying.
Hope this is of some use to you.

It does help thanks, and to let you know I wasn't using my SLR - I am giving it a break....

devon_metro

Established Member
I don't know the layout of Clapham very well, although it looks like you were on the wrong platform.

Established Member
I don't know the layout of Clapham very well, although it looks like you were on the wrong platform.

Giving it a break?? I have visions of it being force fed a kitkat.

Why ?????????????????????????????????????????
Becuase I am and I will, and because I wouldn't take it to Clapham on my own as it might have got nicked. I took my Fuji instead becuase I was on my own.
because of his mega dirty sensor
I am getting it cleaned soon (hopefally) - it still works anyway.
Shame you missed the main attraction of the day through Clapham. 34067 and 47787 on the Golden Arrow.

0900 at Clapham is too early :lol:. I've seen those two before so I wasn't worried about missing them.

thefab444

Established Member
He wasn't allowed out on his own with his SLR. The photos, are in my opinion, poor. Only the Surbiton one with the 444 is passable; there are too many trackside boxes in most of the others. For the Network Rail 73s, he was on the wrong platform, but that side of the station was closed, as I discovered. :(

That said, my photos from that day weren't anything to write home about, but I haven't really been out vegging properly for a few weeks...

DSCF6582.jpg

DSCF6595.jpg

Bowled by cloud at Byfleet & New Haw twice. <(

Established Member
John, what is with the new account, and hacking my thread?. Secondly, I was planning to go to New Haw - lucky I didn't. The Pig and EDs forced me to go the other way...

Status
Not open for further replies.