• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Window Media Player 11 Out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonBVE

Window Media Player 11 is officialy out of beta on 10 November 2006.

Microsoft Coporation releases it's first Window Media Player 11 Public Beta 1 on 17 May 2006, followed by Public Beta 2 on 31 August 2006. Not long later, Microsoft Coporation releases the final release of Window Media Player 11 on 10 November 2006. Although it was expected to be released in October but due to lots of features and bugfixes has not been done, Microsoft pushed the date further. Now Microsoft is a little bit too late , as iTunes 7 has been released long before Media Player 11.

A review said:
Too little, too late? That's the problem Microsoft faces with Windows Media Player (WMP) 11. It's an excellent upgrade, no doubt about it. But with its major competitor, iTunes 7 (see my review), stealing its most exciting new feature, and Microsoft's own Zune player doing its own thing and not utilizing WMP for device connectivity, WMP 11 is sort of a lame duck. Sure, millions of people will eventually download the software and happily use it. And they'll be getting a top-notch media jukebox, one that in many ways still outclasses the various other similar solutions on the market. I'm just not sure it matters anymore.

See the complete review at Paul Thurrott's Website Reviews for Windows and grabbed your Window Media Player 11 now.

P.S Does anyone knows about the released of the final version of Window Media Player 11 before I posted this thread? I think I posted a bit late. <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Will it play .asx files?

Better do as WMP 10 disliked em. 9 was fine and i can't revert back :p

Alekseys

I hate WMP, it makes my computer seize up for a few seconds every time I change tracks on it! I use WinAmp, it's just better. Doesn't hog memory like WMP, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.