• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Windows 7 Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
In Windows 7, the search feature uses the address bar. I have disabled mine because it is a real pain, and I prefer to search via google.

The problem however is that when I start to type in the google toolbar, the cursor continues to revert to the address bar so part of the words in both..Grrrrrr

Any assistance to suggest a way to stop this nuisance would be very much appreciated !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Make sure the cursor isn't in the other bar, it doesn't matter if you don't click, it'll just assume that's where you want it to be.

Wyvern

Established Member
Or try Opera

I find Explorer 9 an absolute pain.

bnm

Established Member
All browsers have their quirks and issues. I can't really speak for Internet Explorer these days having not used it since the godawful Vista OS and its bundled IE7.

These days I use either Firefox, Opera or Chrome when using Windows 7 or Firefox and Konqueror when using Linux.

pmgarvey

In chrome the search feature uses the address bar as well, but it searches Google.

You could always change the address bar search to use Google, but the cursor constantly moving back is presumably just a bug, so you may well be stuck until an update comes.

londonmidland

Established Member
Download Google Chrome, the search engine is, obviously, Google and the address bar acts as an address bar and a search engine, so 2-in-1! Plus I personally think it's much quicker than Mozilla Firefox and definitely quicker than Internet Explorer!

table38

Established Member
Assuming you don't want to use a different browser, what versions of IE and the Google Search Bar have you got?

(To get the IE version, click on Help -> About; for Google Toolbar click on the spanner icon and then 'About Google Toolbar')

Yew

Established Member
Im starting to think that I should move from firefox, its starting to get very buggy these days

SS4

Established Member
Im starting to think that I should move from firefox, its starting to get very buggy these days

It's their release cycles I can't be doing with. They're going too quick and there don't even seem to be real changelogs these days!

Lrd

Established Member
I was a big Firefox fan for years, moved to Chrome a few months a go and will never look back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.