• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Windows Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eifion

Hi Everyone.
I am just about to upgrade my Win XP to Win Vista.
I'm not sure if I read in The Forum Archives somewere that BVE is not compatibale with Vista.
Can anyone confirm if it runs with Win Vista or not.
Regards. Eifion.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eifion

Thanks Bizarre.
Thats me Bo+}~#ed then.I will have a look at the thread you sent, though with my knowledge of P.C workings I doubt it will mean much.
Just have to dig out the old P.C and set it up for broadband to re-download BVE4 and all 21 routes I already have.Just hope the graphics card thingy is up to it.Its the 1st Window XP installed on it.
Anyway,once again thanks for the info.
Regards. Eifion.

D306

Established Member
it's true. 1 of my mates has vista and tried to install bve on it, but it won't work at all. maybe the next version should work on vista.

this is not :spam1:
repeat this is not :spam1:

mbonwick

Established Member
BVE will not work at all on Vista. The problem lies in the coding of 1 or more of the .DLL files. The problem cannot be fixed without the source code. So either Mackoy will have to release a new version or the source code.

What is different between vista and XP is the way the DLLs are handled, which obvious explains why the error was not noticed before.

eifion

Hi.
This is a question for Ezzypeazy.
I asked the forum theother day about BVE running on Win Vista.Thanls to everyone for their replys.
I havr now installed BVE 4 on my old Win XP and all is well.
Thew only route I cant download is Ezzypeazy's Tyne Valley.
I had no problems downloading it before.
The message that comes up is This ID doesn't exist!This appears when I go to the Tyne Valley download page from Ezzypeazy's Home Page.
Help Please Ezzypeazzy.
Eifion.

Bizarre

Hi.
This is a question for Ezzypeazy.
I asked the forum theother day about BVE running on Win Vista.Thanls to everyone for their replys.
I havr now installed BVE 4 on my old Win XP and all is well.
Thew only route I cant download is Ezzypeazy's Tyne Valley.
I had no problems downloading it before.
The message that comes up is This ID doesn't exist!This appears when I go to the Tyne Valley download page from Ezzypeazy's Home Page.
Help Please Ezzypeazzy.
Eifion.

Looks like there are broken links Eifion as I am getting the same message on all the download buttons. :|

Tom B

Established Member
Both start with D's. ;) ;) ;)
And it doesnt matter which one it is, still C#*king BVE up with Vista.

It does.

It might be the case that one is possible to sort out easier than the other.

eezypeazy

OK Thanks. Thought I was doing something wrong,wouldn't be the first time.
Eifion.

Apologies... for some unknown reason, some of the links became broken... I have fixed them now.

If anyone spots other broken links, a quick email would be appreciated... I can't watch all of the forums all of the time!!

Regards

eezypeazy

eifion

Apologies... for some unknown reason, some of the links became broken... I have fixed them now.

If anyone spots other broken links, a quick email would be appreciated... I can't watch all of the forums all of the time!!

Regards

eezypeazy

Your Wecome.Keep up the outstanding work.
Regards. Eifion.

nath9425

Bck on topic! After recieving my computer with Vista on it I can now say I am offically hacked off! After months of speculation Vista is defiantly NOT Compatable with BVE 4! ;) At least I have DX 10 And MSTS works ok!

devon_metro

Established Member
Bck on topic! After recieving my computer with Vista on it I can now say I am offically hacked off! After months of speculation Vista is defiantly NOT Compatable with BVE 4! ;) At least I have DX 10 And MSTS works ok!

We already know that.

T

Tom

Did you think we were messing with you?

BVE didn't work 6 months ago when I was testing Vista (and still doesn't now), I have since reverted to XP.

eifion

That seems to be the case with BVE 4 I'm afraid Eifion. Take a look at this lengthy thread over at the TSC forums. It seems that Mackoy's source code is needed to correct the problem.

Just to add,slightly off topic.I tried this morning to re-download my new Lezmark All in One Machine to Vista which worked on XP.Guess what!! It did not work.Not only that but Lexmark have no update for this model to Vista.
More expense!!!!!!!!

Bizarre

Just to add,slightly off topic.I tried this morning to re-download my new Lezmark All in One Machine to Vista which worked on XP.Guess what!! It did not work.Not only that but Lexmark have no update for this model to Vista.
More expense!!!!!!!!

Dear me! Not sure which model Lexmark you have, but you may want to look at these Microsoft forums about the subject. It looks as though somebody is asking Lexmark to produce a Vista driver so it may be worth hanging on a bit before you buy a new printer!

David

Established Member
Currently, there seems to be very little that works with Vista. All I can say is thank god I've still got Windows 2000 installed....

eifion

Dear me! Not sure which model Lexmark you have, but you may want to look at these Microsoft forums about the subject. It looks as though somebody is asking Lexmark to produce a Vista driver so it may be worth hanging on a bit before you buy a new printer!

Thanks for that advice.I have e-mailed Lexmark to ask if there is an update for this machine.It's a Lexmark X2350.It prints,scans,faxes and god knows what else.

T

Tom

Depends where you buy it from - if the supplier won't give you XP, buy an OEM copy from ebuyer.com

Tom B

Established Member
I run Windows NT, just happen to use version 5.1.

pedned

cheers for that lads,
was just because my mum rekons that after my sats shes going to get me a new laptop. But then again you know what parents are like, mothers in particular :P

eifion

Hi. Just a quick update on The Lexmark problem.I just got this e-mail from them today.
Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your recent email. The 2300 series is not compatible with windows vista yet. However the drivers are currently being worked on, so they will available for download as of the end of May from our website.

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.