• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Windows Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre

Hi. Just a quick update on The Lexmark problem.I just got this e-mail from them today.
Dear Mr Hughes,

Thank you for your recent email. The 2300 series is not compatible with windows vista yet. However the drivers are currently being worked on, so they will available for download as of the end of May from our website.

Kind Regards

Good news there then! Just a little while to wait but at least it's saved you the cost of a new printer - if you can manage without for a few weeks? :sad8:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eifion

Good news there then! Just a little while to wait but at least it's saved you the cost of a new printer - if you can manage without for a few weeks? :sad8:
No Problem.I can go without for longer if it means not having to spend any more.
One again thanks for the suggestion.

T

Tom

My top tip is...

...stay with XP! Or, at least until BVE works with Vista.

eifion

My top tip is...

...stay with XP! Or, at least until BVE works with Vista.

Just as well I have a spare P.C with XP which will now be used for BVE.
Only downside is the graphics are not as good as this machine which was running BVE before I upgraded to Windows Wan,sorry Vista.

eifion

Just as well I have a spare P.C with XP which will now be used for BVE.
Only downside is the graphics are not as good as this machine which was running BVE before I upgraded to Windows Wan,sorry Vista.

Just a final update.After lots of aggro I have managed to re-install Win XP back onto this P.C and can now enjoy BVE once again.
As suggested earlier.If you want to keep BVE dont change to Win Vista.

mbonwick

Established Member
Well, don't change to Vista entierly, by all means have Vista but keep XP as a dual-boot ;)

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I'm just thankful that my Dad very kindly bought me my great Dell laptop at Christmas, before Vista was released, because I'm so use to using XP, and also, because of the problems in using BVE4 with Vista.

I was also immediately put off by the upgrade costs for Vista when it came out- just a waste of money if you ask me-

Quick look on PC world.. (although it may slightly vary company by company)

£99.99 through to £350(!) , depending on upgrade level.

If it works, why try to "fix it" with a system which may be better in some aspects, but doesn't even work with some existing programs/software?

Tom B

Established Member
Programs. Programmes are things that are transmitted on the radio or the television.

Status
Not open for further replies.