• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WIP Southern Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
A South West Trains shunter recently started work on a Class 465 (using an MSTS cab) for BVE4. I then sent him my Class 455 'Southern' refurb cab shot [here] and he has started work on that too. Another project being worked on is a 'Slammer'. Excuse the numbers at the top of the images - they are not on the final trains. This will now allow me to work on my route rather than the trains.

Class 455 Refurb (Southern) with my cab shot
bve4class455kj2.jpg

Class 465 (South Eastern) with MSTS cab shot
bve4networkerex1.jpg

Class 421 'CIG' (Southern) with old cab shot
bve4class421it8.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Am i the only one who has seen the preview then :mrgreen:
Anyone who visits TSC's forum has I expect...

In readiness for the 455, today I have been getting stuck in on my route, starting by tidying up the builder's merchant at Banstead. Before it was a lot smaller and I had tried to cover up the fact it was empty :lol: I've now enlarged it to a more realistic size and will now start adding bits inside from a typical builder's merchant such as skips, piles of wood, vans etc. Just to give you an idea of what I'm on about I have put a few items from the Network West Midlands route in the yard.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?6167545054.jpg (excuse the overlapping embankments for now - just ntoiced them!)

Excellent. Would look brilliant on the Blighton to Treston route if it were upgraded to BVE4... ;)

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Very nice, you wait ages for some SR 3rd rail trains to be made for BVE4 then 3 come at once. Are these going to have adapted plug-ins to simulate things like conductor rail gaps?

Coxster

Established Member
Very nice, you wait ages for some SR 3rd rail trains to be made for BVE4 then 3 come at once. Are these going to have adapted plug-ins to simulate things like conductor rail gaps?
They certainly will! Pete is a shunter so he knows about the technical side of things that I don't.

tomsharp

they look awsome! any news on when they are going to be released? keep up the good work people, bve4 is brill.

tomsharp

well darkavenger38 thanks for telling me the obvious! am sure they wont be released if they are still in production?! coxster keep up the good work mate, they look cool.

chunx2005

Finally some southern electric stock

:blob7: Now you know what it is like for us in the midlands in terms of MSTS.
I liked BVE mainly becasue 3/4 of the routes are from my area, as well as its realism.:blob7:

Muppet

:blob7: Now you know what it is like for us in the midlands in terms of MSTS.
I liked BVE mainly becasue 3/4 of the routes are from my area, as well as its realism.:blob7:

I dont live to far from the midlands so i know where your coming from

SWTPete

Hi Guys,

I should be starting to release some of these trains pretty soon, starting with the 455.

The 465 needs a little more work to the power/brake level bars on the dash.

The 444 Desiro is in working condition, and has 50% of its sounds, however the dash needs work due to the photo being taken on a dodgy angle! :dontknow:

The 421 will recieve quite a lot of attention, an will be released on my site to support my project (which is in my sig).

Future plans hold a 456 and a 376 / 377 possibly ;)

I've got quite a bit of work on this week especially, so i should anticipate the first release in the next few days at the earliest.

Coxster

Established Member
Hi Pete - welcome to the forum! If you ever need help with hosting the trains then just ask :)

devon_metro

Established Member
Pete, i had a fiddle with that 44 cab screeny, sand could not straignten it! I'm sure it can be done woth photoshop though :)

From what i have seen the 455 looks great :p

SWTPete

Yep, will be a good addition to your Epsom Dumps route :D (as we used to call it at Victoria!)

Status
Not open for further replies.