• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wires down between Preston and Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robertj21a

On Moderation
A friend said that 'a mail train had brought down the wires' - can't vouch for accuracy.

Veteran Member
NR Twitter at 1925 said a tree on the wires. Plausible as it's windy up here....

tsr

Established Member
You're all broadly correct. Said mail train, 1M44, hit a tree at Brock (and required rescue), and the incident caused severe damage to a number of components of the Up Main OHLE. Fortunately single line working on the Down Main line has been feasible, and a relatively efficient form of it too, though many services are still heavily delayed.

RJ21

I was on 9M60, 207 minutes late at Warrington where I bailed, it was on paper cancelled at Wolverhampton but assumed the identity of another service and isn't expected into Euston until 02:26, it also had the passengers from 1M17 who were picked up at Oxenholme after being detrained.

All Line Rover

Established Member
An 18:40 departure with a 4:00 arrival. Might as well take the sleeper!

The 18:52 Edinburgh to Birmingham still hasn't re-emerged at Preston.

sarniasiren

I was on both of the trains that RJ21 mentions. I feel I was more fortunate than most as I was able to catch my last train to Euxton with 5 mins to spare.

The Virgin train was my last train on my 4 day North Country Rover. I had arrived in Carlisle and thought of going for a pint and a meal, glad I didnt

All Line Rover

Established Member
So an actual arrival time into Euston of 04:42 (5h 10m late). So late that it ran behind the early morning Milton Keynes to Euston stopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.