• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

With whom would you least like to be stranded on a desert island?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I daresay a similar thread has appeared before but, if it has, it was quite a while ago, so here goes.

My version of this is to choose four people, all in the public eye, who would be the last people you'd want to spend any length of time with, let alone be stranded with for an indefinite period.

My criteria are:-
1) Must be living
2) Must be British, or based in Britain
3) No politicians (professional ones, anyway) or royalty
4) Names should be fairly well-known to a cross-section of the British public
5) Definitely no members of this forum, so no old scores to be settled!

You don't have to give reasons, you can find them obnoxious or just plain annoying. A mix of the sexes might be nice, although I expect there'll be a preponderance of males. Please only post one list: I'll collate the names after a while to see who is most popular i.e. unpopular.
One tweak - you can make one substitution after you've posted, but you must make clear who from your original list is being subbed.
Lastly, don't base your choice on survivalist stuff i.e. who might make the best shelter or, if the worst came to the worst, might make a decent meal!

So, to get the ball rolling, my list:-
Stephen Fry, Prof Brian Cox, Rev Richard Coles and Jo Brand.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

backontrack

Established Member
1. Piers Morgan
2. Katie Hopkins
3. Jeremy Clarkson
4. Michael Caine

Last edited:

Bevan Price

Established Member
List would include people that I view as arrogant & come across as if think they are God's Gift to the World -or people who irritate me on TV, etc. so probably a lot more than 4 could qualify. If he was still living, J Saville would have been first on the list. So, first thoughts are:

Jeremy Clarkson.
Jimmy Carr.
Germaine Greer.
Take your pick of "reality show females", often vain & whose alleged "talent" often seems to be related to the size of their (often plastic) t**s.

backontrack

Established Member
Chris Evans seems to be even worse than Jeremy Clarkson.

He's an idiot, but not a racist bigot who hates cyclists and vegetarians. Or, if he does, at least he doesn't talk about it.

Urgh, this list-thing is too short, even without the front bench included as well. Are we allowed to post an additional four (i.e a total of 8), but rank them? So we'd only allow the first four people to be collated, but we'd just mention the other four because we hate them, and that wouldn't fulfil much purpose?

Or would it be just a waste of time?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
He's an idiot, but not a racist bigot who hates cyclists and vegetarians. Or, if he does, at least he doesn't talk about it.

Urgh, this list-thing is too short, even without the front bench included as well. Are we allowed to post an additional four (i.e a total of 8), but rank them? So we'd only allow the first four people to be collated, but we'd just mention the other four because we hate them, and that wouldn't fulfil much purpose?

Or would it be just a waste of time?

It's your forum as much as it's mine! I've never been a control freak, so feel free....

Phil.

Established Member
I have a list beginning with Stephen Fry , Jimmy Carr and Katie Price but it's far too long to list everyone.

AndrewR232

Jimmy Carr
Alan Carr
Germaine Greer
Simon Cowell

(listed in no particular order)

It was hard to choose between Cowell and Katie Hopkins.

backontrack

Established Member
I have a list beginning with Stephen Fry , Jimmy Carr and Katie Price but it's far too long to list everyone.

Oh yes, them too. And also Claire Balding, Claudia Winkleman, Kirstie Allsopp, Joanna Lumley, 'Sir' Alex Ferguson, Jeremy Guscott, John Inverdale, Adam Johnson (who I forgot), John McCririck, Vanessa Feltz, Judi Dench, John Terry, Jeremy Kyle and Simon Cowell.

Last edited:

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Assuming I have understood the OP correctly and it is people you would least like to be on an island with

1) Katie Hopkins

2) Sir Brian Souter

3) Ann Gloag

4) Jack Peter Benedict Whitehall

ComUtoR

Established Member
I'd love to be stuck on a deserted island with 4 people I didn't like. No police, no witnesses...

backontrack

Established Member
Assuming I have understood the OP correctly and it is people you would least like to be on an island with

1) Katie Hopkins

2) Sir Brian Souter

3) Ann Gloag

Good point - I forgot Brian Souter. And also Beardie.

yorksrob

Veteran Member

1) Katie Hopkins

2) Sir Brian Souter

3) Ann Gloag

i wouldn't mind being stranded on a desert island with Jack Whitehall !

Established Member
1.Katie Hopkins
2. Brian Souter
3. Jeremy Paxman
4. Bob Geldof

If I could add someone slightly less well known, it would be Ian Craig; formerly of Lothian Buses, now of Edinburgh Trams.
Also vegans, I really don't want to be stuck on a desert island with a vegan.

He's an idiot, but not a racist bigot who hates cyclists and vegetarians.

You do realise that's a character for television?
I don't know his real feelings about vegetarians, but he does cycle.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
I've decided to introduce my sub- Alan Yentob (Botney, as he hates to be known). His role in the Kids' Company debacle, and his reaction to any criticism, brought his arrogance and high-handedness to a new level, if that were possible. So I'm relegating the Rev Richard Coles to the subs bench - I find him merely annoying, rather than odious, not least because he insists on being called Reverend on a programme, Saturday Live, where the title is entirely irrelevant.

Regarding Katie Price, does she qualify, as a Jordanian? lol Actually, I think she adds to the gaiety of the nation and, if she didn't exist we would have to invent her. Now Peter Andre would be a good choice!

Steveman

Ant & Dec (must count as one person as they have never been seen apart)
Jo Brand
Chris Evans
Camilla Batmanjelly

Strathclyder

Established Member
1) Katie Hopkins
2) Piers Morgan
3) Sir Alan Sugar
4) Sir Brian Souter

I, for one, wouldn't mind being stuck on a desert island with Jack Whitehall. Given that we'd both be stuck on the same island as those four people listed above, I'd probably be the most desirable person there in *ahem* certain respects lol

Groningen

Established Member
According from Fame10 from 2 years ago:
9. Lily Allen
8. Russell Brand
7. Ricky Gervais
6. Chris Martin
5. Gordon Ramsey
4. Sienna Miller
3. Naomi Campbell
2. Jude Law
1. Heather Mills