• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Withdrawing an application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombierunner

I am aware you have 2 shots at becoming a train driver. If you withdraw an application, does that count as one shot?

Basically, I have passed stage one - the assessment, however I have now been offered another job (not train driver) elsewhere that I want to accept.

However my fear is that if I withdraw my train driver application now, will it count as one shot. This is my 2nd attempt so if it does count as a shot does it mean I will not be able to apply again in the future if I want to?

Please advise.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
You only get 2 fails at the assessment. You can sit and pass it as many times as you wish. The test remains valid for 5 years. You'd be best off contacting the company you've applied to as they will have paid to put you through the tests and think carefully about what you want to do as another vacancy may be a long way off if this other job isn't what you hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.