• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Witness in court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam

Established Member
Right, so I'm going to the sheriff court on Wednesday as a witness. I'm wondering what happens if it over runs? There appears to be an awful lot of witnesses and I doubt I'll be near the top of the list. Citation only says Wednesday, but everyone I've spoken to says it's probably going to last longer. Work was fine giving me the day off but I really don't want to have to call them and explain that I need the next day off too. My last experience at court was that everything just took such a long time. We sat around until after 2 o'clock before being told the accused had pled guilty at 11 am and we could have gone 2 hours ago...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Liam

Established Member
have you contacted Victim Support Scotland?
There is a presence in whichever Sheriff Court you've been cited to.
They will be able to give you an idea of procedure.
Have a look on their website for their number:
https://www.victimsupportsco.org.uk/how-to-find-us/witness-service/

I work for them, but not in a customer capacity, just a lowly Finance monkey

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've called them, they told me to speak to the procurator, who can't discuss details of the case....

furnessvale

Established Member
Witnesses are normally called on the day they are expected to give evidence. You may find that the trial started on the Monday but pre trial estimates suggest your evidence is not need until Wednesday. If that changes you may be contacted asking if you can come forward or go back a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.