• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wivelsfield - Southampton via Barnham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvy73

Hi, I am travelling from Wivelsfield to Southampton Central tomorrow. I purchased my ticket in advance from Southern to get a cheaper price and having collected my tickets I notice they say 'route via Barnham'.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Wivelsfield - Three Bridges - Horsham - Barnham - Southampton route, or does this mean I must use the Brighton/Hove - Barnham - Southampton route?
When I booked the tickets I was specifically looking at the Coastway West route along from Brighton, but there seems to be quite a good service via Horsham and Three Bridges, so it would be nice to know if I can use this option too. After all, both are Southern routes.

I realise that I definitely cannot use the Clapham Junction - Southampton via SWT route - that is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wintonian

Established Member
Hi, I am travelling from Wivelsfield to Southampton Central tomorrow. I purchased my ticket in advance from Southern to get a cheaper price and having collected my tickets I notice they say 'route via Barnham'.

Can anyone tell me if I can use the Wivelsfield - Three Bridges - Horsham - Barnham - Southampton route, or does this mean I must use the Brighton/Hove - Barnham - Southampton route?
When I booked the tickets I was specifically looking at the Coastway West route along from Brighton, but there seems to be quite a good service via Horsham and Three Bridges, so it would be nice to know if I can use this option too. After all, both are Southern routes.

I realise that I definitely cannot use the Clapham Junction - Southampton via SWT route - that is fine.

Thanks in advance.

Haven’t got time to check but I expect the answer is either or, I'd be surprised if you could not use both.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator

This is a permitted route.

You're permitted to go via either Brighton or Horsham.

In addition, you're permitted to use Gatwick Express services.

johnnycache

Just to add a few details about Southern fares policy if you'll allow me

Within the Southern network outside of London we are moving to a simplified fares structure

We have maximum fares examples as follows:

anytime single £14.90
off-peak day return £15.00
weekly season £60.00

From May we will be creating another tier as follows:

anytime single £12.90
off-peak day return £13.00
weekly season £52.00

anytime single fares between £13.00 and £14.80 will be reduced to £12.90

off-peak day return fares between £13.10 and £14.90 will be reduced to £13.00

etc

And yes your ticket is valid via either route (Worthing or Horsham) as long as you pass through Barnham. And the same fare should also apply to Beaulieu Road (part of the Southampton Central fares cluster)

Status
Not open for further replies.