• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMR / LNR - Trainee Senior Conductor - Crewe & Shrewsbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhys37429

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Undiscovered

Spotted this earlier today.
Are there any WMT conductors who would be willing to cast an eye over a prospective application?

Undiscovered

Is anyone else having issues with the drop boxes for the preliminary questions?
Mine keep going blank and I'm conscious of not going past them, as I can't go back, but I don't want to dawdle n miss the boat if the vacancy closes early?
Email HR or does any have a number I can call? Would carrying on constitute not being able to follow instructions? Really don't want to screw things up?

Knudson

Mine keep going blank and I'm conscious of not going past them, as I can't go back, but I don't want to dawdle n miss the boat if the vacancy closes early?

Yes, this is happening to me on the Shrewsbury application and it's happening on two different browsers. I've pressed on and submitted for fear of missing the boat. I'll report back when I hear something one way or the other.

Undiscovered

I finally caved n called their HR dept, after emailing last night.
It's a known problem n I was advised it'd be cleared soon. I did push on and go through the form, but held shy of submitting my final answers.
See what tomorrow brings...

rhys37429

I'm going to get in contact with a friend of mine who is in the know about the above jobs... I'll see what info I can get..

Last edited:

rhys37429

Additional info:

Shrewsbury
;
Traction: cl153, 170.
Route: Shrewsbury - New Street. New Street - Rugeley via Walsall (Soho or Aston).
Diagrams: 4 earlies, 4 lates, plus spares. Earliest start is 04:30am, latest finish is 00:30am. 1 Sunday job 17:00 - 02:00am.

Crewe;
Traction: cl350.
Route: Liverpool - Northampton via Trent Valley or west midlands.
Diagrams: unable to find out this info, but I do know there is a job where you're taxi to Northampton in the early hours.

Spikeylado

Additional info:

Shrewsbury
;
Route: Shrewsbury - New Street. New Street - Rugeley via Walsall (Soho or Aston).
Diagrams: 4 earlies, 4 lates, plus spares. Earliest start is 04:30am, latest finish is 00:30am. 1 Sunday job 17:00 - 02:00am.

Crewe;
Diagrams: unable to find out this info, but I do know there is a job where you're taxi to Northampton in the early hours.
Hi im a guard at Crewe i dont sign any of that traction or those routes?

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Hi im a guard at Crewe i dont sign any of that traction or those routes?

I would assume you are ATW.
The Crewe route and traction (I read) as being former London Midland depot, so is correct - Crewe to Liverpool, Crewe to Northampton, Crewe to New Street and 350s.

Seeing as the whole thread is about former London Midland depots, maybe you’ve should look at your attention to detail before casting doubt on others info.

craigybagel

Established Member
Additional info:

Shrewsbury
;

Crewe;

One minor correction - Crewe guards sign all the way to Milton Keynes (both via Northampton and Weedon). Drivers still only go as far as Northampton though AFAIK. The Northampton taxi job books on just after 0300.

Undiscovered

Well, my application is in.
Spent a lot of time on this application and picked some, what I think, solid answers.
See where it goes.

LRV3004

Thrown my application in - got several irons in the fire at the moment! Sod's law I'll end up having to choose knowing my ironic luck!!

monty9120

I applied for a senior conductor job with lm about 5 years ago I passed all the tests and awaited a medical when recruitment was halted

Any idea if I’d have to do it all again. I still have the emails

Undiscovered

There's a question on this application asking if you've taken Conductor Assessments within the past 3 years. I imagine they'll use that answer, combined with other responses to rule you in or out of the sift.

I know that LM last recruited two years ago, n this app does state that successful candidates would enter a talent pool, so there may well be a few ahead of you, but still, 5 years...
Have you had any contact at all in that time?

Last edited:

LRV3004

Got an e-mail yesterday stating that I've passed the initial sifting and my application has been placed into the talent pool. They said they would be in touch regarding assessments.

TributeAct

Interesting there is movement on the Crewe applications, has anyone had any news back about the Shrewsbury positions yet?

LRV3004

Got an e-mail inviting me to choose from one of two dates to attend an assessment event in Birmingham - 4th or 8th. Can't go to either because of work and can't get time off! However, because of a conditional offer of employment with another operator, I may withdraw from this one. Good luck to everyone else though! :)

Undiscovered

Wow. That's a short time to make a decision or rearrange things.

Can you rearrange the date or is that it?

Last edited:

LRV3004

Don't know if it can be rearranged or not. I e-mailed WMT earlier to advise them I cannot attend either of those dates, plus with a pending offer of employment with another operator also, I decided it would be appropriate to withdraw my application and hopefully a place can be offered to someone else! :)

TributeAct

I also attended yesterday, hopefully I did enough to pass although I was a little disappointed in my performance in some sections. A true test of concentration given the noisy unrelated group next door - not that I’m making excuses! Went straight to work after, I’ve had nicer days.

Status
Not open for further replies.