• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Ashley872

Maybe they are working it in alphabetic order hence some have n some haven't got the email? I am right in the middle of the alphabet but you are first yet you got it few days after other guys who got rejection... checking email with raised heartbeat lol. It will be what it will be i guess but still...
Yeah maybe, seems like they’re just sifting through certain requirements at different times. I’m guessing I passed the SJT but who knows lol

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sahibsarkar

I'm in the same boat, already passed all OPC tests to enhanced standard but I live outside 1hr window to nearest depot so probably got rejected on that but that's just my speculation
received rejection email today. As I live in London

sahibsarkar

Ah sorry to hear that mate. Did they explain this in the email? I just got told that they’re unable to give a reason to why. Although I was extremely close to the 1hr limit living in Loughborough.
no they didn’t explained in the email but that is the only thing which is coming in my mind. Someone told me I should have mentioned address within their requirements as they straight away refuse the application when they start sifting.

Lenny_U

no they didn’t explained in the email but that is the only thing which is coming in my mind. Someone told me I should have mentioned address within their requirements as they straight away refuse the application when they start sifting.
That's what I thought, as I live near Heathrow I got rejected straight away, but again I won't know for sure! Sometimes with other TOCs there's an option for relocating but WMT didn't have that option on application form....

Adamhowells

I am still waiting to hear back from WMT, but I tried to log into my profile on the Abellio recruitment site and it’s saying they don’t recognise my email address so I’m not sure if that’s the bad news I’m waiting for.

Des587

I am still waiting to hear back from WMT, but I tried to log into my profile on the Abellio recruitment site and it’s saying they don’t recognise my email address so I’m not sure if that’s the bad news I’m waiting for.
Still waiting as well but they did say probably during Sept we should start hearing back.
As for logging in I had the same problem but hopefully the link below will help (no issues logging in using this one)

http://apply.abellio.com/vacancies/profile/

Naffy93

Hi mate, I’m still waiting to, I’m not expecting anything until late September, or maybe even after. I have logged on to my profile with Abellio and its coming up as still under consideration.

Hope this helps.

Adamhowells

Ah thanks both, not sure what I was trying to log into but I logged in fine this time! (It is a Friday) haha.
Thank you for your help, good luck both

L.j.

I've not heard anything, previous email said end sept time could hear.

Jon1930

I wonder if they will end up putting it on hold until passengers start returning, trains are still very quiet and I wont be surprised if they cut services on certain routes.

the sniper

Established Member
I'd imagine that it'd be on hold at least until the trainees are all back.

2011dandd

Hi guys
Can anyone tell me, if successful through the whole process and offered a position on a course, where the actual training (if allowed to return to class room instead of zoom) takes place pease?

PaulBusDriver

I wonder if they will end up putting it on hold until passengers start returning, trains are still very quiet and I wont be surprised if they cut services on certain routes.
I've read recently that the government are supporting rail services for 6 to 18 months, with EMRAs in place.

With that in mind, passenger numbers aren't really going to have a dramatic effect on services but reduced service levels might, not that I'm aware of how many train services have been changed or how that will reduce the recruitment needs of TOCs.

Steve2505

Hi guys
Can anyone tell me, if successful through the whole process and offered a position on a course, where the actual training (if allowed to return to class room instead of zoom) takes place pease?
Not 100% but I do know they have a training centre in Birmingham.

Coach Carter

Hi guys
You’ll be at the academy in Birmingham bud

2011dandd

Cheers chaps
Got to re sit a tea occ on Wednesday that I have already passed but not to WMR standard.

Gambling everything with the other talent pool I’m in
But not sure these talent pools are much more than a list of names

PaulBusDriver

Cheers chaps
Got to re sit a tea occ on Wednesday that I have already passed but not to WMR standard.

Same here mate, resitting the TRP1 on Wednesday and I'm in a Talent Pool with GWR, I passed to National Standard last time and need to pass to enhanced for WMT or at least national to keep my talent pool.

Best of luck.

2011dandd

Same here mate, resitting the TRP1 on Wednesday and I'm in a Talent Pool with GWR, I passed to National Standard last time and need to pass to enhanced for WMT or at least national to keep my talent pool.

Best of luck to you too
Remind me which one the TRP is again?
So like me are you concerned about scoring worse and left with no talent pool spot at all?

Best of luck.

PaulBusDriver

The TRP1 is the Glop(memory) test where You have a passage of text to remember and answer questions on.
I'm not too concerned, I mean it's not a certainty about losing a Talent pool place but even so, if I didn't try again I might not even get a job with GWR

Des587

Cheers chaps

Have you had a response from WMR inviting you?

PaulBusDriver

Well I've heard back and Im through to Stage 2 assessments. Very pleased and relieved that the calculated risk of getting worse results didn't come to pass.

Last edited:

JLX5

I’m still waiting too ‍
I’m sure we will hear something soon. My application still says ‘Under consideration’ in the Abellio portal.

30 mins after posting I got an email saying I’m through to the next stage. Happy days!

Last edited: