• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Steve2505

Was just in the process of contacting them and had email saying the very same.
Are we in the “Maybe” pile ?

akasutts

Was just in the process of contacting them and had email saying the very same.
Are we in the “Maybe” pile ?

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to try and put your mind at ease a little.

Its not a case of being in the maybe pile, it’s simply a case of them having to sift through a vast amount of applications. On top of that they’re managing applications for different depots with people at various stages of the process.

All I would say is don’t get caught up in the news that others are getting as like I say people are at different stages and the process is to fill a number of roles across a number of depots.

You may have applied for say New Street and seen emails from people saying that they received a “yes” email, however they may be for roles at Bletchley. Different depots progress at different rates, hence why I say don’t get caught up in what others are saying.

I remember going through the process and being at the stage that you’re at now. I had to wait a number of months for the result of my paper sift. During that time I had seen people apply for other depots and go from application to job offer whilst I was still awaiting the result of my sift. I thought that I had failed as I hadn’t progressed at the same rate but it was a case of needing to fill roles on courses for different depots and with people at different stages.

Its a very long and slow process, just take it as it comes....

All the best.

Hi Steve,

Its not a case of being in the maybe pile, it’s simply a case of them having to sift through a vast amount of applications. On top of that they’re managing applications for different depots with people at various stages of the process.

All I would say is don’t get caught up in the news that others are getting as like I say people are at different stages and the process is to fill a number of roles across a number of depots.

You may have applied for say New Street and seen emails from people saying that they received a “yes” email, however they may be for roles at Bletchley. Different depots progress at different rates, hence why I say don’t get caught up in what others are saying.

I remember going through the process and being at the stage that you’re at now. I had to wait a number of months for the result of my paper sift. During that time I had seen people apply for other depots and go from application to job offer whilst I was still awaiting the result of my sift. I thought that I had failed as I hadn’t progressed at the same rate but it was a case of needing to fill roles on courses for different depots and with people at different stages.

All the best.

Quite reassuring. Thanks for this

Slinky252

I’ve just checked, mine is still under consideration and no emails at all yet saying unsuccessful, will hear soon or if I’m through. So it is just a wait due to the fact they are going through so many applications. Fingers crossed to all on here and good luck to all

andyccfc

Definitely a long process but if you get through it all it must be very satisfying and a great sense of achievement and would be well worth the hard work.

Oh yeah. I applied Feb 2019 and passed my DMI in June. Heard nothing more re medical and don't anticipate hearing more any time soon. Just puts it into perspective, as training is still not going ahead so the back log is huge even before this recruitment drive.

Wba0986

Oh yeah. I applied Feb 2019 and passed my DMI in June. Heard nothing more re medical and don't anticipate hearing more any time soon. Just puts it into perspective, as training is still not going ahead so the back log is huge even before this recruitment drive.
Hi Andy similar to my situation but still waiting for my dmi which was originally due just after lockdown. Hopefully training will re commence for those already in and then we will get our chance

Steve2505

Cheers mate

Hi Steve,

All the best.

GJ_DAN

I’m also through to the video interview stage though I’m not sure what this will entail. Only before heard of having an MMI and the DMI. I assume questions will be similar to the DMI questions maybe?

Avapreece

Hi all,

I had the ‘still under consideration’ email and haven’t heard anything since.
I know other people that applied that have had the video interview invite emails and they definitely both applied for the same depot that I did.
Very strange.

dzdoris

Does anyone have a copy of the PDF job description please? I am sure i had saved it but obviously not.
I was going to private message you but don't know how to. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it on here. Don't want to break any rules.

Super Gills

I was going to private message you but don't know how to. Not sure if I'm allowed to post it on here. Don't want to break any rules.
Thanks for responding to my question.

Dunno if this helps, but this was the original advert in indeed which, if I remember, had most of the info from the job description...

Thanks for sending that through to me.

Rhymnosauras

Hi all,
I received an email yesterday to complete my video interview. It seems like when you click onto the link you immediately begin the interview...no time/date but I have to complete it by next Sunday. Anyone else?

Jon77

Hi all,
I received an email yesterday to complete my video interview. It seems like when you click onto the link you immediately begin the interview...no time/date but I have to complete it by next Sunday. Anyone else?

Yes I received mine yesterday too.

You can complete the interview at any point before the deadline. I assume once you begin, the questions will appear on your screen and your answers will be recorded via device camera or webcam.

I thought there would be more details on what the interview will involve, such as if it will cover competency based questions etc. But there’s almost no information other than to click the link and start!

Anthony R

Yes I received mine yesterday too.

You can complete the interview at any point before the deadline. I assume once you begin, the questions will appear on your screen and your answers will be recorded via device camera or webcam.

I thought there would be more details on what the interview will involve, such as if it will cover competency based questions etc. But there’s almost no information other than to click the link and start!

Iv done some research on these types of interview and honestly I'm at a loss. Generally the format is 3 questions, 2minutes per question. So what can they ask for a 2 minute answer, I'm leaning towards generic personal questions such as what's your understanding of customer service. But honestly I'm at a complete loss. I have one for another toc

dzdoris

Hi all,
Me too! Think I'm just going to spend all weekend swotting on everything then do it early next week...eeek!

Ben.0

Who ever bites the bullet first, can you at least tell us the format of the questions i.e how many of them there is and also what kind of questions they have behavioral or competence ;p

YingYing

I did a similar recorded-style interview last year for a different TOC, and it was as described above; 2 or 3 questions, not competancy based, more about the company, with 2 minutes to give your answer.

Good luck, all.

dzdoris

Who ever bites the bullet first, can you at least tell us the format of the questions i.e how many of them there is and also what kind of questions they have behavioral or competence ;p
Ben, I've downloaded the app (to do the interview with) and it gives you chance to do a practice question. I'm still working at the moment so haven't had chance to try it.

Ben.0

ahhh thats good, thought it was gonna just shove you straight in there unprepared ;p thinking of doing mine Sunday , I'm terrible at interviews :D just had another vid interview the other day for a complete different job,

only tip I can give on that is do not look at yourself ( but this is super hard as its in the corner of your eye haha )

dzdoris

ahhh thats good, thought it was gonna just shove you straight in there unprepared ;p thinking of doing mine Sunday , I'm terrible at interviews :D just had another vid interview the other day for a complete different job,

only tip I can give on that is do not look at yourself ( but this is super hard as its in the corner of your eye haha )
I think we all think we're terrible at interviews. We can only do our best!

Thanks for the tip :)

AHopefulGuard

I've got the video interview invite too. I'm surprised we haven't been given any information since they revealed a little more about what was expected of us for the SJT. I read the thread on this site about video interviewing with Avanti and wondered how similar it would be. For anyone who has already completed this part of the process please shed a little light for the clueless!