• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Driver Pool - 2021/22

Soho

Thanks Soho. I login but all i can see is the job notification criteria i have set up previously.( This is on the abellio website) i know its possible as i have downloaded the completed application form previously but cant remember how or where this was from)
Hi Jon. whilst completing your application did you not save it at any point? If you did save it (page 2 been the earliest point) then you should of received an email titled “your application has been saved” the email contains two links. One of the links is to your current profile and the other is to the forgotten password page. This is where you reset Your password from the default one that Abellio supplied and you should then be able to access your application. If you didn’t save it or receive an email then I’m not sure how you would access it and you may have to email them directly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jon72

Hi Jon. whilst completing your application did you not save it at any point? If you did save it (page 2 been the earliest point) then you should of received an email titled “your application has been saved” the email contains two links. One of the links is to your current profile and the other is to the forgotten password page. This is where you reset Your password from the default one that Abellio supplied and you should then be able to access your application. If you didn’t save it or receive an email then I’m not sure how you would access it and you may have to email them directly.
Thats solved it, thankyou i couldnt remember where i had found that section on the website- it was accessed from the link in the email as you state. I also emailed wmt who confirmed that at the moment it is not possible to track your application from the website (email updates only)

severussnape

Had loads of problems with the application glitching. On the education section, I only had one box. Usually there is an option for, add more. I just squeezed primary and secondary on there.

Class2ldn

When they ask for nearest depot ideally you should be putting the nearest depot for which they are recruiting for.
Doesn't matter if you live 2 minutes from another depot they are not recruiting for , they are recruiting for specific depots so you should be putting that.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Do the 'bottom link' of newbies or the 'top link' do the Bedford - Bletchley work?

HLE

Established Member
Newbies do Euston and back from memory. Diesel work at EMU depots is usually the top link (s)

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Newbies do Euston and back from memory. Diesel work at EMU depots is usually the top link (s)

From that I assume you mean London - Birmingham New St, or at least something akin to London to Rugby, as well as St Albans Abbey (?). Electric only, then.

S-Car-Go

Having been through the testing process twice, and interviewed by 2 different TOCs, I can say it is tough but don't give up :smile:
I'm going through driver training with WMT. If anyone has questions about applying, testing, training, and/or Bletchley depot specific, just pop me a message and I'll do my best to answer.. Since lockdown, I've had route learning DVDs and my rules to revise, but still spare time on my hands. Hopefully I can be of some help. Good luck to all!

S-Car-Go

Do the 'bottom link' of newbies or the 'top link' do the Bedford - Bletchley work?
Core route is Northampton - Euston. This is what newbies learn. After a year or 2, you could go into a link that does the Watford - St Albans branch. Longer serving drivers work the Bedfords and to Rugby.
Northampton is a sub-depot of Bletchley, and a lot more drivers there work to Birmingham and Crewe as well as London.

Jacob Didcote

Morning all,
I am in the midst of applying for Worcester Depot, i've got a question regarding age. Although it is the 2021 talent pool,Ill be 20 in Feb, would applying at 19 remove my chances? In other words, do i need to be 20 before applying or have to be 20 by the time the job "starts"?
Many Thanks!

Last edited:

Soho

Had loads of problems with the application glitching. On the education section, I only had one box. Usually there is an option for, add more. I just squeezed primary and secondary on there.
Same here. There was no option for adding more when I did mine.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Morning all,
I am in the midst of applying for Worcester Depot, i've got a question regarding age. Although it is the 2021 talent pool,Ill be 20 in Feb, would applying at 19 remove my chances? In other words, do i need to be 20 before applying or have to be 20 by the time the job "starts"?
Many Thanks!

You need to be 20 and 5 months from memory in some companies, as your first ‘driving of a train’ takes place at 21.

Some firms now get you to drive a train even quicker, as the learning has changed. So you may be screened out...

Jacob Didcote

You need to be 20 and 5 months from memory in some companies, as your first ‘driving of a train’ takes place at 21.

Some firms now get you to drive a train even quicker, as the learning has changed. So you may be screened out...

Would it be worth giving it a go or no?

Coach Carter

Morning all,
Many Thanks!
In your 12th or 13th week (can’t remember which) of training with WMT it is slow depot moves, this require a small amount of driving on the mainline and in a depot so you would need to of turned 21 by the time that part of the course starts.

Grafter1900

Would it be worth giving it a go or no?

They will receive so many applications, so most likely your application would be binned as not met the age criteria. But if you have time to kill then fill the form out and save it, they'll recruit again in a year.

Grafter1900

In your 12th or 13th week (can’t remember which) of training with WMT it is slow depot moves, this require a small amount of driving on the mainline and in a depot so you would need to of turned 21 by the time that part of the course starts.

Yes how much join it was at 5mph. Then you go onto the mainline straight in the seat and your doing 100mph.

Daly131

I failed an Enhanced test with arriva I belive it was an SJT at a testing centre then with EMR I failed one of the computer based tests at national standard. Would this put me out the running with WMT if they are in fact enhanced? Many thanks

S-Car-Go

I failed an Enhanced test with arriva I belive it was an SJT at a testing centre then with EMR I failed one of the computer based tests at national standard. Would this put me out the running with WMT if they are in fact enhanced? Many thanks
If the tests were conducted by OPC, then you're allowed to fail twice. Therefore a 3rd go is possible. If a test was done internally by the train operator's own system of tests, then it wouldn't count as an attempt. Does that make sense? You could always contact OPC to find out for sure.

Daly131

Nice one, belive arriva was not OPC but EMR was. The OPC assessor at the time seemed to think I couldn't go for enhanced again guess will have to wait and see applications been sent now. Fingers crossed. Cheers

severussnape

Nice one, belive arriva was not OPC but EMR was. The OPC assessor at the time seemed to think I couldn't go for enhanced again guess will have to wait and see applications been sent now. Fingers crossed. Cheers
I find it all so confusing. I have passed OPC with East Midlands, which I have been told is enhanced pass standard. However, different TOCS apparently have different levels of enhanced pass mark.

RichardM72

Hi, I recently (May) took the VSE and SJT tests for the AWC trainee driver positions and didn't get through - would this rule me out of applying with WMT as it was less than six months ago, or is the six months specific to AWC applications? Thanks for any help.

severussnape

Hi, I recently (May) took the VSE and SJT tests for the AWC trainee driver positions and didn't get through - would this rule me out of applying with WMT as it was less than six months ago, or is the six months specific to AWC applications? Thanks for any help.
Did you fail both or just the VSE? Surely if WMR don't use the VSE you should be ok? Could be worth contacting the recruitment team.

Skies2rail

Having been through the testing process twice, and interviewed by 2 different TOCs, I can say it is tough but don't give up :smile:
I'm going through driver training with WMT. If anyone has questions about applying, testing, training, and/or Bletchley depot specific, just pop me a message and I'll do my best to answer.. Since lockdown, I've had route learning DVDs and my rules to revise, but still spare time on my hands. Hopefully I can be of some help. Good luck to all!
Hiya New here...

I saw a few posts earlier relating to distance from depots. How strict are they with this at Bletchley??? I'm about 15mins out of the 60min radius according to Google maps ... Only found this forum after I had submitted the application!!

Is it going to be a quick case of 'rejected application' because of this??

Many thanks in advance.

Railroader22

Hiya New here...

I saw a few posts earlier relating to distance from depots. How strict are they with this at Bletchley??? I'm about 15mins out of the 60min radius according to Google maps ... Only found this forum after I had submitted the application!!

Is it going to be a quick case of 'rejected application' because of this??

Many thanks in advance.
Yep. They will send you a rejection email. They told me even 5 minutes outside of the 60 is not accepted. It’s due to health and safety of drivers.