• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT Qualifed driver. New st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef

Hi all

Can anyone give me information on the routes, traction, shift pattern etc for West Midland Trains qualifed Drivers based at New street?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Unless your current operator is really bad or your a redundancy move, hold out for XC or even Chiltern. WMT at New Street is serious Metro work Cross City etc

mumrar

Established Member
Routes are Redditch/Bromsgrove to Lichfield, Walsall, Rugeley, Wolverhampton, Birmingham International as a first starter I think.

LT1980

New Street generally works as follows - with route crossovers with Coventry and Wolverhampton depots:
  • Birmingham to Wolverhampton
    • Direct via Sandwell and Dudley
    • Soho / Aston, Tame Bridge and Darlaston
  • CrossCity | Bromsgrove / Redditch - Birmingham - Aston - Litchfield
  • Chase Line | Rugeley to Birmingham
    • Rugeley - Walsall - Aston - Birmingham
    • Rugeley - Walsall - Aston - Soho - Birmingham
  • Birmingham to Coventry and Northampton
    • via Adderley Park (direct)
    • via Stechford
  • Birmingham - Wolverhampton - Stafford - Crewe - Liverpool
    • Direct via WCML
    • via Stone
Some Nuneaton to Coventry shuttle work also was undertaken, but I think that

Working also includes trips to and from Soho Depot and also Tyseley Depot

Types of current traction include:
  • Electric Units
    • 323 - all CrossCity / Wolverhampton - Birmingham - Walsall / Birmingham - Coventry
    • 350 - Birmingham - Liverpool / Birmingham - Coventry - Northampton / some Chase and Cross City workings
  • Diesel Units
    • 153 - Nuneaton to Coventry / Rugeley - Birmingham with 170s - however this will change to 323 / 350s
    • 170 - Rugeley - Birmingham / Birmingham - Wolverhampton - Shrewsbury
    • 172 - Occasional - but not core New St Traction
This is only indicative given the routes and traction types will/are changing over the coming year or so.

This thread is in relation to the Conductor hours but sort of acts as a guide to the kind of working week

Hope this sort of help ... as I say this is all subject to change shortly with new timetables / routes / traction

Beef

Cheers guys.

I understand it’ll be intense stopping stopping work then!

Anyone know the shift pattern?
4 day week?

Thanks.

HLE

Established Member
New Street drivers do not sign Nuneaton to Coventry. That's worked by cov only, until May. You do get trainees come over from New street but that's only so they can handle the dogboxes when they're not coupled up to another unit. Part of their traction training rather than signing or learning the route itself

craigybagel

Established Member
New Street drivers are currently learning Wolverhampton - Shrewsbury, but I suspect it'll only be higher links doing that. In the starter link you can expect death by Cross City.

12guard4

Xcity, Walsall, Wolves and International. 323 and 350. Rugeley once electrified. Nothing else. Don't expect more in the future either that will be your lot for a long while.

train_lover

New Street generally works as follows - with route crossovers with Coventry and Wolverhampton depots:
  • Birmingham to Wolverhampton
    • Direct via Sandwell and Dudley
    • Soho / Aston, Tame Bridge and Darlaston
  • CrossCity | Bromsgrove / Redditch - Birmingham - Aston - Litchfield
  • Chase Line | Rugeley to Birmingham
    • Rugeley - Walsall - Aston - Birmingham
    • Rugeley - Walsall - Aston - Soho - Birmingham
  • Birmingham to Coventry and Northampton
    • via Adderley Park (direct)
    • via Stechford
  • Birmingham - Wolverhampton - Stafford - Crewe - Liverpool
    • Direct via WCML
    • via Stone
Some Nuneaton to Coventry shuttle work also was undertaken, but I think that

Working also includes trips to and from Soho Depot and also Tyseley Depot

Types of current traction include:
  • Electric Units
    • 323 - all CrossCity / Wolverhampton - Birmingham - Walsall / Birmingham - Coventry
    • 350 - Birmingham - Liverpool / Birmingham - Coventry - Northampton / some Chase and Cross City workings
  • Diesel Units
    • 153 - Nuneaton to Coventry / Rugeley - Birmingham with 170s - however this will change to 323 / 350s
    • 170 - Rugeley - Birmingham / Birmingham - Wolverhampton - Shrewsbury
    • 172 - Occasional - but not core New St Traction
This is only indicative given the routes and traction types will/are changing over the coming year or so.

This thread is in relation to the Conductor hours but sort of acts as a guide to the kind of working week

Hope this sort of help ... as I say this is all subject to change shortly with new timetables / routes / traction

New Street don't sign 172s, I'm unsure if they'll be learning 172/0.

Status
Not open for further replies.