• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wba0986

I know. I was replying to WBA0986 who asked me what dates I’d been given
Cheers for the reply and cheers tezza. Unfortunately I am only at stage 1 same as you tezza. Oh well the wait goes on.

Wba0986

No mate however have an assessment coming up with db but only for shunting etc

Withoutabix

Ive Gone for the 29th anybody else on here booked on for this date?

Ive decided to travel down and stop at the travel lodge on the Sunday only £25 for the room should keep me bit more relaxed

dont fancy a near on two hour drive from Birmingham at 6am to then have to sit the tests then a two hour drive back!

SJN

Ive Gone for the 29th anybody else on here booked on for this date?

Ive decided to travel down and stop at the travel lodge on the Sunday only £25 for the room should keep me bit more relaxed

dont fancy a near on two hour drive from Birmingham at 6am to then have to sit the tests then a two hour drive back!

I’m not going that day but I’ve booked a room the night before too. I’m getting the train though not driving.

S-Car-Go

I’m not going that day but I’ve booked a room the night before too. I’m getting the train though not driving.
Top plan. Booked a hotel to stay the night before my final interview. Glad I did, helps to relax instead of stressful travel on the day.

Withoutabix

Withoutbix
Well done I'm going for mine soon just a bit unsure about the plumbing exam and glop

I didn’t find it too difficult tbh IMO you just need to keep calm, not go mad and try and rush just keep to a nice pace and be accurate.

Also try not to let others sitting around you distract you or effect your rhythm as you do sit quite close together and I seemed to have some genius next to me who just flew through everything haha was difficult not to get drawn into a speed contest!

heat1080

Hi does anyone know the dials test? What colour has prioty etc is it white or the dark blue etc?? What is the instructions on how to complete this test. Many thanks

SJN

Hi does anyone know the dials test? What colour has prioty etc is it white or the dark blue etc?? What is the instructions on how to complete this test. Many thanks

Hi. It’s the lowest arrow in the actual test not colour.

SJN

Top plan. Booked a hotel to stay the night before my final interview. Glad I did, helps to relax instead of stressful travel on the day.

Yeah. I couldn’t be doing with the stress if there were delays. I’m dreading the interview the most. I find it hard to think of interesting examples.

Jon1930

Hi, dont worry about that...you all have 3 practice examples on the day and the examiner will come around and make sure everyone gets them right and ensure everyone fully understands...i quite enjoyed the dials test, managed to do 31 questions from around 43.

Tezza32

On Moderation
Hello mate if I'm honest with you I think hand on heart I failed I screwed up on the dfft and dials the rest of the test I done got 15 lines on bourdon test so I'm painfully awaiting now but I do think the worst

Tezza32

On Moderation
Many thanks for your below email. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any feedback other than which tests you passed or failed, which we have listed below.

Test Result:
Apparently abellio have a night standard so I called opc I got standard on group bourdon and standard on glop rest I failed

Group Bourdon Fail
Tea-Occ Fail
TRP1 Fail
TRP2 Fail
DFFT Fail

Withoutabix

Good luck to the anybody sitting the Stage 2 this week.

Sat mine today and managed to get through to the MMI so very happy I don’t have to sit that concentration test again!

advice for people sitting the Stage 2 Especially on the joystick/hand eye coordination don’t get stressed about coming out of the path/channel I did it a few times on each attempt and still passed to the higher standard. Be aware they expect mistakes they are also looking for speed of completion so don’t spend ages trying to be perfect but slow.

MMI is still the standard questions that are posted all over the forum so do abit of prep on those and you should be fine

and don’t expect to be done by 1pm as mentioned in the email!

Jon1930

Many thanks for your below email. Unfortunately we are unable to provide any feedback other than which tests you passed or failed, which we have listed below.

Test Result:
Apparently abellio have a night standard so I called opc I got standard on group bourdon and standard on glop rest I failed

Group Bourdon Fail
Tea-Occ Fail
TRP1 Fail
TRP2 Fail
DFFT Fail

I've never known anyone that failed every single assessment, least u went and had a crack at it, I remember reading u were close to giving up as the recruitment process was too long and too much waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.