• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

July 6th, sounds good.
I hope to get an invite come through soon, although you were a Thursday tester I believe, I was Monday, so I’m probably just a touch behind you.

andyccfc

The three dates they had were 13th, 25th March and 2nd April, although I only got to the April one as I couldn't do the March dates.

Wba0986

The three dates they had were 13th, 25th March and 2nd April, although I only got to the April one as I couldn't do the March dates.
Thanks for that. Just waiting on the email as I can only do the 13th out of those 3.

Withoutabix

Yes. I couldn't do the initial date they sent but luckily they had 3 dates to choose. Pushing them through now for a training course which starts 6th July.

Which Stations have you applied for?

I passed my DMI in December and have been given a potential start date in Sept and know a few others also with this date so be wary of expecting July atm!

andyccfc

I'm down for Coventry. To be honest her email caught me by surprise with her giving a possible date. I'm in no rush at all really so would happily wait until later in the year either way.

Withoutabix

Ah okay make sense then being a different depot etc so July is likely to be for Coventry recruits. September the Birmingham lot

Any news on those DMI’s?

I am slightly worried that the current virus could cause cancellations of DMI’s or delay the entire process.
Which really would be a shame.

Tubes88

Did anyone have their interview on the 13th? I heard some were cancelled due to sickness

Dante

Did anyone have their interview on the 13th? I heard some were cancelled due to sickness

I had mine on the 13th - pretty glad I chose that date now, although sounds from the above that the others are still going ahead

Tubes88

I had mine on the 13th - pretty glad I chose that date now, although sounds from the above that the others are still going ahead
Awesome. How did it go? Any tips?

I've spoken to HR and they are still going ahead. Some towards the end of this month and more into April. Although that could change depending on how the pandemic plays out. I'm still waiting on a date

After Bojo’s latest statement I was expecting to wake up to a cancellation email for the DMI, nothing so far.

Just have to make it to Friday, before society collapses.
Although our friend andyccfc has a whole extra week ahead of him, good luck getting there, hope it’ll work out, I know how long we have all waited for this.

JLyons

When is your DMI? You do know the country is on lockdown for the next 3 weeks which is likely to be extended so can’t see it taking place anytime soon unless there’s some kind of video interview?

After Bojo’s latest statement I was expecting to wake up to a cancellation email for the DMI, nothing so far.

Just have to make it to Friday, before society collapses.
Although our friend andyccfc has a whole extra week ahead of him, good luck getting there, hope it’ll work out, I know how long we have all waited for this.

Actually just got the call, it’s now cancelled, I was expecting as much, and it rightly makes sense.

They told me they’ll be back in contact with new dates when they’re allowed.

Jon1930

Everything on hold, there are trainee drivers for wmt that have done 150 hours driving and have been stood down and told to remain at home, could take months before they are allowed back to work and seems like the public are not staying indoors.

andyccfc

Yep postponed too, and rightly so.

Like I've said, I'm in no rush and quite relieved in a way.

Tubes88

Sorry to hear the interviews were cancelled guys. I suppose it was expected.

Glad you are remaining positive though. We're all in a great position at the moment. Just got to remain patient.

Wba0986

Same, not cancelled just postponed. Nothings changed just got to wait a bit longer.

akasutts

Hi mate.

We started the 16th March. Managed to complete our first week (3 days of inductions followed by 2 days of PTS) before being sent home on full pay due to the virus. We have been off ever since.

Not sure at present when we will be returning but WMT have given us weekly updates and we have been in regular contact with our trainer.

I believe we will know more about training going forward following the plan that will be announced by Bojo on Sunday. At present for us it’s just a case of waiting but i really can’t fault the company and for what it’s worth the week that we did complete was an enjoyable one.

All the best.

trundlewagon

Good to hear you've enjoyed the few days you did manage to get through and that they've been keeping you updated.

I work in transport management at the moment and we've got the same headache with half a dozen new drivers who've not been able to go out with their buddy trainers for the last couple of months.

As you say, hopefully things can soon start moving again once we hear what the government say over the weekend.

Dante

Just wondered if any of the folk who were due to start in March, or pencilled in for July had had any updates?

No news for the July start but reading the last post I'm sure it'll be delayed when they've still got March's intake sitting patiently waiting. I was awaiting medical before the world shutdown, so haven't chased anything yet.

andyccfc

I'm assuming still no updates from recruitment re DMI's? I've not been in touch myself yet.

Dante

I'm assuming still no updates from recruitment re DMI's? I've not been in touch myself yet.

I had my medical a few weeks ago, they were in touch this week to say the provisional start date obviously is now pushed back with no confirmation as to when it will commence and that they'd be in touch again when they knew anything further about how/when things could progress. Current training also still suspended for now. I know that doesn't specifically answer your question, but I'm guessing if everyone's still out of the classroom then they're not going to be conducting DMI's face to face either.

Status
Not open for further replies.