• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norosoros

Just received my email thanking me for attending my interview yesterday but unfortunately this time I am unsuccessful.....GUTTED.

Well done to all that got in......I did overhear 2 women while waiting to go in to my interview yesterday talking about canceling a load of assessments and interviews as they didnt need the people anymore as slots had been filled. Might not of been driver roles but it put me on a back foot a bit.
Me too. I felt my interview went really well but got the bad news today. Proper gutted! I see DB cargo are recruiting so I'll be trying my luck there. Atleast we can walk straight to interview and skip doing all the tests again.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Me too. I felt my interview went really well but got the bad news today. Proper gutted! I see DB cargo are recruiting so I'll be trying my luck there. Atleast we can walk straight to interview and skip doing all the tests again.
Sorry to hear this. Good luck for future applications!

deano39

Cheers all....don't know where to start looking for other trainee driver jobs. This is the first I've ever applied for any TOC......any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stigy

Established Member
Cheers all....don't know where to start looking for other trainee driver jobs. This is the first I've ever applied for any TOC......any advice would be greatly appreciated.
TOCs and FOCs will always advertise on their websites. Subscribe to a few to get alerted when they advterise or just regularly check them out (some have experienced problems with subscribing to alerts and not receiving them though).

People sometimes forget about freight companies, but certainly worth considering.

Norosoros

At the moment I can just see DB cargo trainee jobs from doing a Google search

deano39

Just looked at DB cargo trainee/junior and it says you need a Grade C or above in GCSE MATHS and ENGLISH........that's me out then lol

birmz_

Just received my email thanking me for attending my interview yesterday but unfortunately this time I am unsuccessful.....GUTTED.

Well done to all that got in......I did overhear 2 women while waiting to go in to my interview yesterday talking about canceling a load of assessments and interviews as they didnt need the people anymore as slots had been filled. Might not of been driver roles but it put me on a back foot a bit.
Maybe your right and they have filled all the positions, I can see a few people have failed. Doesn't seem logical that this many people would fail one after another.

deano39

I'm just saying what I heard.....wish they'd just of told me if that was the case. Unlucky to be at the back of the queue for an interview I suppose. Never mind onwards and upwards. Does anyone know if it's just driver jobs I can't apply for in 6 months with WMT? Theres a trainee conductor job but don't know if it's worth applying if I'm not allowed.

Blueben

I'm just saying what I heard.....wish they'd just of told me if that was the case. Unlucky to be at the back of the queue for an interview I suppose. Never mind onwards and upwards. Does anyone know if it's just driver jobs I can't apply for in 6 months with WMT? Theres a trainee conductor job but don't know if it's worth applying if I'm not allowed.

I’m not sure, I would send them an email to ask. You’ve done all the hard parts of it were me, I’d sit it out and reapply

Stigy

Established Member
It’s usually restricted to the job you previously applied for, but I agree it’s best to give them a call and ask the question. Horse’s mouth and all that!

andyccfc

Even if that is the case and they are full, they normally open recruitment every year. I'm led to believe a fair few that have got through this year are all last year's applicants anyway.

Jon1930

I know a guard that also has failed the DMI recently, and he found it very odd an hour after his interview he got the rejection, if courses have been filled I thought they would keep candidates in a talent pool. Seems that applicants at the bottom of list for interviews their fate has already been decided before the interview has started.

birmz_

no you can definitely apply to anything, its only when you fail one of the assessments the 6 month rule kicks in, im not 100% so double check

birmz_

I know a guard that also has failed the DMI recently, and he found it very odd an hour after his interview he got the rejection, if courses have been filled I thought they would keep candidates in a talent pool. Seems that applicants at the bottom of list for interviews their fate has already been decided before the interview has started.
yh I thought they had talent pools also, but I have not heard anyone say they passed the interview stage recently. very odd

Blueben

Hey mate what is the company uniform these days, o you have to wear a shirt and tie on shift.

It’s optional
You get ticks of uniform. But you can have polo shirts, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt. So I think the tie is optional.

deano39

no you can definitely apply to anything, its only when you fail one of the assessments the 6 month rule kicks in, im not 100% so double check
It says on my email I can't re apply for 6 months....I'm assuming that's for the driver role. Seriously thinking about my next step as I'm a little lost as sort thought I'd got in lol.

deano39

Are the conductor assessments the same as what I've already passed? It asks if I have taken the conductor assessments in the last 3 years on a conductor application form.

GJ_DAN

Are the conductor assessments the same as what I've already passed? It asks if I have taken the conductor assessments in the last 3 years on a conductor application form.

Only the Group Bourbon Test is the same so you won't need to do that. There's a ticket checking test/ working out cash test. Then there's another kind of rules, procedure test. You don't have to memorise on that one though, all the info in there then you just have to select the correct option.

Coach Carter

Has anyone else had to go to London for there medical? If so was it easy getting there from Birmingham on the train?

crebbs1

Yer I’m down for Worcester depot so did expect it to be in brum. A day trip to London will be fun though so I don’t mind.

Nice trip out on the trains. Suppose it depends who can do the medical when it’s needed.

crebbs1

Best of luck with yours this week mate. Let us know how you get on

Thanks and will do.

I believe you can get to London Euston from Birmingham new street in a straight run with no changes in an hour and half on west midland trains (LNWR).

GJ_DAN

Yer just had my email confirming my appointment. Is booked in for next Tuesday 25th in London. Seems a long way to go haha.

Congrats mate, nice to hear your getting somewhere now. Nothing seemed to be happening at Freightliner did it. Gutted I missed the opportunity for the Train Driver role but I applied for Conductor instead. Interview next week so hopefully I can get passed that.

Coach Carter

Congrats mate, nice to hear your getting somewhere now. Nothing seemed to be happening at Freightliner did it. Gutted I missed the opportunity for the Train Driver role but I applied for Conductor instead. Interview next week so hopefully I can get passed that.
Hiya Dan,
Yer I got fed up of waiting for freightliner and there lack of communication. Could wait weeks for a reply to an email.
WMT have been fantastic, they are moving quickly and the lady from HR is great, really helpful and reply’s to emails and question the same day.
Best of luck for the interview mate, you going to catch the train up?
Noticed you said you applied for snow hill but that there has since been a advertisement for Worcester, I did the same and they automatically moved my app to Worcester which is better for us. They may do same with you. If you log into see you application process it may have changed to say Worcester instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.