WMT recruiting

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Marc5203, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Norosoros

Norosoros Member

Me too. I felt my interview went really well but got the bad news today. Proper gutted! I see DB cargo are recruiting so I'll be trying my luck there. Atleast we can walk straight to interview and skip doing all the tests again.

2. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

Sorry to hear this. Good luck for future applications!

3. Norosoros

Norosoros Member

Thanks. And I'd just like to thank everyone for helping us prepare. And congrats to all those who got in.

4. deano39

deano39 Member

Cheers all....don't know where to start looking for other trainee driver jobs. This is the first I've ever applied for any TOC......any advice would be greatly appreciated.

5. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

TOCs and FOCs will always advertise on their websites. Subscribe to a few to get alerted when they advterise or just regularly check them out (some have experienced problems with subscribing to alerts and not receiving them though).

People sometimes forget about freight companies, but certainly worth considering.

6. Norosoros

Norosoros Member

At the moment I can just see DB cargo trainee jobs from doing a Google search

7. deano39

deano39 Member

Just looked at DB cargo trainee/junior and it says you need a Grade C or above in GCSE MATHS and ENGLISH........that's me out then lol

8. birmz_

birmz_ Member

Maybe your right and they have filled all the positions, I can see a few people have failed. Doesn't seem logical that this many people would fail one after another.

9. deano39

deano39 Member

I'm just saying what I heard.....wish they'd just of told me if that was the case. Unlucky to be at the back of the queue for an interview I suppose. Never mind onwards and upwards. Does anyone know if it's just driver jobs I can't apply for in 6 months with WMT? Theres a trainee conductor job but don't know if it's worth applying if I'm not allowed.

10. Blueben

Blueben Member

I’m not sure, I would send them an email to ask. You’ve done all the hard parts of it were me, I’d sit it out and reapply

11. Stigy

Stigy Established Member

It’s usually restricted to the job you previously applied for, but I agree it’s best to give them a call and ask the question. Horse’s mouth and all that!

12. andyccfc

andyccfc Member

Even if that is the case and they are full, they normally open recruitment every year. I'm led to believe a fair few that have got through this year are all last year's applicants anyway.

13. Jon1930

Jon1930 New Member

I know a guard that also has failed the DMI recently, and he found it very odd an hour after his interview he got the rejection, if courses have been filled I thought they would keep candidates in a talent pool. Seems that applicants at the bottom of list for interviews their fate has already been decided before the interview has started.

14. birmz_

birmz_ Member

no you can definitely apply to anything, its only when you fail one of the assessments the 6 month rule kicks in, im not 100% so double check

15. birmz_

birmz_ Member

yh I thought they had talent pools also, but I have not heard anyone say they passed the interview stage recently. very odd

16. birmz_

birmz_ Member

Hey mate what is the company uniform these days, o you have to wear a shirt and tie on shift.

17. Blueben

Blueben Member

It’s optional
    You get ticks of uniform. But you can have polo shirts, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt. So I think the tie is optional.

18. deano39

deano39 Member

It says on my email I can't re apply for 6 months....I'm assuming that's for the driver role. Seriously thinking about my next step as I'm a little lost as sort thought I'd got in lol.

19. deano39

deano39 Member

Are the conductor assessments the same as what I've already passed? It asks if I have taken the conductor assessments in the last 3 years on a conductor application form.

20. GJ_DAN

GJ_DAN Member

Only the Group Bourbon Test is the same so you won't need to do that. There's a ticket checking test/ working out cash test. Then there's another kind of rules, procedure test. You don't have to memorise on that one though, all the info in there then you just have to select the correct option.

21. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Has anyone else had to go to London for there medical? If so was it easy getting there from Birmingham on the train?

22. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Mines in Birmingham this week.
    Have you been asked to go to London?

23. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Yer just had my email confirming my appointment. Is booked in for next Tuesday 25th in London. Seems a long way to go haha.

24. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Seems odd if your from the Birmingham area. Ah well, good luck with it.

25. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Yer I’m down for Worcester depot so did expect it to be in brum. A day trip to London will be fun though so I don’t mind.

26. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Nice trip out on the trains. Suppose it depends who can do the medical when it’s needed.

27. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Best of luck with yours this week mate. Let us know how you get on

28. crebbs1

crebbs1 Member

Thanks and will do.

I believe you can get to London Euston from Birmingham new street in a straight run with no changes in an hour and half on west midland trains (LNWR).

29. GJ_DAN

GJ_DAN Member

Congrats mate, nice to hear your getting somewhere now. Nothing seemed to be happening at Freightliner did it. Gutted I missed the opportunity for the Train Driver role but I applied for Conductor instead. Interview next week so hopefully I can get passed that.

30. Coach Carter

Coach Carter Member

Hiya Dan,
    Yer I got fed up of waiting for freightliner and there lack of communication. Could wait weeks for a reply to an email.
    WMT have been fantastic, they are moving quickly and the lady from HR is great, really helpful and reply’s to emails and question the same day.
    Best of luck for the interview mate, you going to catch the train up?
    Noticed you said you applied for snow hill but that there has since been a advertisement for Worcester, I did the same and they automatically moved my app to Worcester which is better for us. They may do same with you. If you log into see you application process it may have changed to say Worcester instead.