• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Slimjim101

Thanks to all for your assistance. Unfortunately, didn't pass the mmi. Obviously gutted, but just not to be.

Slimjim101

Sorry to hear this. Was it your first attempt?

Yeah, it was my first attempt. I know I can try again but not sure if I want to do so, I honestly thought I'd done enough. The mmi felt as if it went fine. I made all the points I wanted to and used scenarios I'd prepared that I felt were appropriate. I'll wait for feedback and maybe see from there.

Stigy

Established Member
Yeah, it was my first attempt. I know I can try again but not sure if I want to do so, I honestly thought I'd done enough. The mmi felt as if it went fine. I made all the points I wanted to and used scenarios I'd prepared that I felt were appropriate. I'll wait for feedback and maybe see from there.
Yeah definitely await feedback. I’d not be too hasty in calling it a day. See what the feedback says.

L.j.

Argh, no way! I thought you was doing fine as well! Sorry to hear that, don't give up on it!

SomeoneElse

Sorry to hear about your result from the MMI. it's especially worse when you felt like it went well and you prepared well for it. Did you happen to refer your answers to the NTS? And competencies of the train driver?

I've got my MMI soon (providing I pass the computer tests), albeit for another TOC, but still nervous especially when hearing others thought they did well only to not succeed.

Slimjim101

Sorry to hear about your result from the MMI. it's especially worse when you felt like it went well and you prepared well for it. Did you happen to refer your answers to the NTS? And competencies of the train driver?

I've got my MMI soon (providing I pass the computer tests), albeit for another TOC, but still nervous especially when hearing others thought they did well only to not succeed.

Not really I guess, maybe that's where I went wrong. I did call the OPC today. They put my name down for feedback, but I was surprised to hear it can take a few weeks to a few months for someone to get back to me with feedback!

You'll do fine, the computer tests were straight forward btw.

S-Car-Go

Not really I guess, maybe that's where I went wrong. I did call the OPC today. They put my name down for feedback, but I was surprised to hear it can take a few weeks to a few months for someone to get back to me with feedback!

Don't give up! You might have to play the long game. Many years ago I passed the tests but failed the structured interview (old version of MMI) and told I scored 19/20. Was so cheesed off I didn't apply again until last year. Passed MMI but failed DMI. This year, 3rd time lucky with WMT. So please persist. Recall all the MMI questions you can, and structure your answers in STAR format. Then rehearse with someone if you can, even video yourself (it's cringy!) but you'll see what you do well and what you need to improve.

Slimjim101

Don't give up! You might have to play the long game. Many years ago I passed the tests but failed the structured interview (old version of MMI) and told I scored 19/20. Was so cheesed off I didn't apply again until last year. Passed MMI but failed DMI. This year, 3rd time lucky with WMT. So please persist. Recall all the MMI questions you can, and structure your answers in STAR format. Then rehearse with someone if you can, even video yourself (it's cringy!) but you'll see what you do well and what you need to improve.
Thanks mate. I shall try again when the jobs are next available and shall take on board the tips to get through next time.

BrummieJim

Evening all. Is there anybody about who started there training today? How was the first day? I've still got to wait 2 long weeks

Tezza32

On Moderation
I applied in February I passed the sjt sift test I had a email on 5th of June saying I'm in a talen pool waiting to do my test so at the moment I don't feel like I'm even any where close

Tezza32

On Moderation
Is anyone in the same boat as me as waiting to hear from recruitment. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to see if there was any news. I was told I had passed the sift but they were waiting for more assessment days.

Have you heard anymore wba I got email saying I've passed the sjt sift test and now I'm In a pre talent pool waiting

Wba0986

Have you heard anymore wba I got email saying I've passed the sjt sift test and now I'm In a pre talent pool waiting
I'm in exactly the same position as you. Just waiting for when they want to start the tests again for the next wave of intakes

Jeff.Jeff

Hey,
New to this forum, I'm starting with WMT the 29th July, was just looking to see how many of you are also starting the 29th? Thanks

L.j.

I applied this year Feb, did my stage 2 about 2 weeks ago now. Just waiting on my DMI, they said they have no interviews pending at the moment and they will be in touch, I applied for Birmingham New Street / Snow hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.