• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT (WMR/LNR) strike timetables

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-City-WM

Update issues today:

The following routes will have a limited service in operation between 7.30am and 6.30pm on strike days:

• Cross-City Line (Lichfield Trent Valley – Redditch/Bromsgrove via Birmingham New Street) – 2 trains per hour
  • Wolverhampton – Birmingham – 1 train per hour
  • Birmingham New Street – Birmingham International – 1 train per hour
No trains will run on any other WMR route, including all routes via Birmingham Snow Hill, Birmingham-Shrewsbury, Birmingham-Worcester-Hereford and Nuneaton-Leamington Spa.

For further information passengers should visit www.wmr.uk/industrialaction- full timetables will be published later this week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Mind if we expand this to West Midlands Trains?

On strike days it's 2tph stoppers to Northampton, presumably 12 car, and 1tph Brum-Northampton. On intermediate days it's 1tph semifast to Northampton and 2tph Tring stoppers, which is more raw capacity (assuming all 12 car) but is rather inferior in utility. No Marston Vale or Abbey Line (nor buses) pretty much all week, which is extremely poor. No Trent Valley on any day either.

Liverpools only running Brum-Crewe at 1tph on strike days, throughout on non-strike days.

IceBlue

Will Birmingham to Crewe will still go via Stoke on Trent? With no Avanti, EMR or Northern service, and presumably no XC service as I don’t believe (?) they sign via Alsager, LNWR would be the only operator serving Stoke.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Will Birmingham to Crewe will still go via Stoke on Trent? With no Avanti, EMR or Northern service, and presumably no XC service as I don’t believe (?) they sign via Alsager, LNWR would be the only operator serving Stoke.

No. Stoke is closed. If it wasn't Avanti would go that way.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
No, they will run direct. The NR map (somewhat misleadingly) suggests that the line through Stoke will be open.

IceBlue

I thought avanti weren’t running that way because Stockport is closed?
Avanti sign via Alsager (the route between Crewe and Stoke), so they in theory could operate Manchester - Crewe - Stoke as they’ve done in the past, but as per Watershed it’ll be completely shut.

Considering Avanti, XC and LNWR all have an alternative route to Manchester/Crewe, Northern and EMR a non starter due to AB signal boxes in Stockport and on the North Staffs respectively, little freight using the route and the whole area controlled by a local PSB, hardly surprising it’s shut. Far from ideal if you need to get there though with buses to Crewe or Stafford both taking an hour.

centraltrains

Might be worth noting here as a partial sigh of relief, according to Chiltern, the engineering works around Tyseley will still be going ahead.

The strike coincides with the planned weekday Network Rail engineering work outside Birmingham Moor Street between Monday 20th June – Thursday 23rd June. These works are going ahead, and consequently there will be no services between Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham Snow Hill or Solihull on the Monday 20th.

Having asked earlier via Twitter, it seems the rail replacement buses which were going to be running on the southern Snow Hill Line routes should still be running (although they seem to have been removed from RTT so personally I'm not 100% confident on that).
yes rail replacement buses are still running as planned, as it's separate bus company we use for these.

davidknibb

Mind if we expand this to West Midlands Trains?

On strike days it's 2tph stoppers to Northampton, presumably 12 car, and 1tph Brum-Northampton. On intermediate days it's 1tph semifast to Northampton and 2tph Tring stoppers, which is more raw capacity (assuming all 12 car) but is rather inferior in utility. No Marston Vale or Abbey Line (nor buses) pretty much all week, which is extremely poor. No Trent Valley on any day either.

Liverpools only running Brum-Crewe at 1tph on strike days, throughout on non-strike days.
Are you sure ?? The web site says that the line from Rugby to B international via Coventry is closed all week with bus replacements. So if that is the case then there is not Birmingham - Northampton service at all.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Are you sure ?? The web site says that the line from Rugby to B international via Coventry is closed all week with bus replacements. So if that is the case then there is not Birmingham - Northampton service at all.

This doesn't, only on the Sat and Sun. Appears no RRB on the Sat, which is to me very naughty, a strike doesn't affect the ability to contract engineering RRBs and TOCs should not be allowed to get away with it.

davidknibb

This doesn't, only on the Sat and Sun. Appears no RRB on the Sat, which is to me very naughty, a strike doesn't affect the ability to contract engineering RRBs and TOCs should not be allowed to get away with it.

maybe they themselves are confused then - because the WMR web clearly says no service from Rugby to International all week I've attached a screen shot if it works

maybe they themselves are confused then - because the WMR web clearly says no service from Rugby to International all week I've attached a screen shot if it works

Mea Culpa - I think I've spotted a mini red asterisk. apologies

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-15_20-19-12.png
    Screenshot_2022-06-15_20-19-12.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Might be worth noting here as a partial sigh of relief, according to Chiltern, the engineering works around Tyseley will still be going ahead.

Having asked earlier via Twitter, it seems the rail replacement buses which were going to be running on the southern Snow Hill Line routes should still be running (although they seem to have been removed from RTT so personally I'm not 100% confident on that).
Interesting, Chiltern say they are cancelling their RRBs!

Ridercross

Strangely the Snow Hill lines services through Stourbridge/Kidderminster/Worcester are running a severely reduced hourly service on Monday 20th June, including it seems a late start time of 0730 hours.

Not sure as to why this should be in place, not seemingly related to the engineering works on the other side of Birmingham I would have thought as originally services were meant to be running as normal next week except for terminating/starting from Snow Hill.

X-City-WM

OffThePacer18

Why haven't they been able to run any trains at all on the Shrewsbury line even on the days that weren't part of the strike?

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Why haven't they been able to run any trains at all on the Shrewsbury line even on the days that weren't part of the strike?
Suspect it's down to concerns that their 170s/172s wouldn't get fuelled or serviced, as Tyseley is ran in house, so staff there are on strike (in contrast to Northampton Kings Heath which is Siemens, Crewe CS which is Arriva TC and so on). It's only their diesel routes that have been suspended.

centraltrains

Suspect it's down to concerns that their 170s/172s wouldn't get fuelled or serviced, as Tyseley is ran in house, so staff there are on strike (in contrast to Northampton Kings Heath which is Siemens, Crewe CS which is Arriva TC and so on). It's only their diesel routes that have been suspended.

If you look at the diagrams on Tracksy today, it suggests the lines around Tyseley depot are shut (although I think generally the idea is less routes are running to consolidate available signalling staff on fewer lines?).
Pretty sure Soho is in house too, however the Cross City line is still running.

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If you look at the diagrams on Tracksy today, it suggests the lines around Tyseley depot are shut (although I think generally the idea is less routes are running to consolidate available signalling staff on fewer lines?).
Pretty sure Soho is in house too, however the Cross City line is still running.
Ah yes, good point, there is that too. Much the same effect as a strike though!

Soho is in house but the 323s are routinely outstabled elsewhere so I don't think that's as much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.