• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMTrains livery and station branding

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merle Haggard

Established Member
It's not entirely true to say that Northampton now has total LNwR signage (and I did look through many, but far from all, of the 70 pages of the thread but I apologise if this has already been covered).

Northampton received gold station name boards after the Olympics and not only are these still retained under the canopies, but the areas between each name board is still in black with green line (i.e., still LM).

Possibly re-signing in gold is in the "bit difficult" category, but I wonder about the other 'gold' stations.

59CosG95

Established Member
It's not entirely true to say that Northampton now has total LNwR signage (and I did look through many, but far from all, of the 70 pages of the thread but I apologise if this has already been covered).

Northampton received gold station name boards after the Olympics and not only are these still retained under the canopies, but the areas between each name board is still in black with green line (i.e., still LM).

Possibly re-signing in gold is in the "bit difficult" category, but I wonder about the other 'gold' stations.
Ahh, it must just be done on the external running boards then. Leighton Buzzard still hasn't been de-golded either.

RealTrains07

Established Member

Stone was gold with the black LM sign underneath. They just replaced the sign with a new WMR one

Merle Haggard

Established Member
Ahh, it must just be done on the external running boards then. Leighton Buzzard still hasn't been de-golded either.

Yes, that's right. Because the gold etc. ones are tucked up under the canopy they're not obvious so I can see why, if passing through, once you saw the R-I-Bs had been changed, you'd tick it off as 'done'.

TH172341

Interesting to hear, the TPE information screens are decent so should be a useful addition. Surprised they have replaced the old scrolling displays, but great to see further improvements being installed as part of the refurbishments.

DavidGrain

Established Member
The new screens can give some disjointed messages, for instance one display ending in ...NEW and the next display starting STREET... whereas the scrolling screens were continuous.

59CosG95

Established Member
Yes, that's right. Because the gold etc. ones are tucked up under the canopy they're not obvious so I can see why, if passing through, once you saw the R-I-Bs had been changed, you'd tick it off as 'done'.
Indeed - I haven't passed through NMP in quite a while actually, I just go by what I've seen on Flickr - which explains why I missed that bit out!
University Station (which I still pass through while visiting the other half in Brum) still has NWM signs on P1 under the canopies as well, so this leads me to believe that it might be due to only being able to change canopied ones when the line's isolated or something like that.
It could also be material supply chain problems...the list goes on!

OTRail

Not sure if it’s been noted yet or not but 350125 now has the refurbished interior albeit with former London Midland livery

DavidGrain

Established Member
A little while ago I reported that the lamp posts at Rowley Regis car park where still grey. I note this week that some of the CCTV posts have now been painted orange white and grey. Not all the CCTV posts and none of the lamp posts.

RPM

Established Member
I noticed the launch day non-standard WMR nameboards at Snow Hill were being taken down and replaced with standard WMR nameboards last week.

59CosG95

Established Member
The external platform numbering signs (on P2 & P2a) at Milton Keynes Ctl are now in LNWR, and the Olympic Gold running boards at Leighton Buzzard have been replaced with the standard LNWR ones with the "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" subtext.

59CosG95

Established Member
Updated list of all the WMR branded trains/stations (as of 1/4/20).

Stations
WCML Rugby-Birmingham-Stafford-Stoke Loop (COV-SNE, exc. COV, BHM & BHI)
All WMT-operated stations between Rugby (exc.) & Stoke-on-Trent (exc.) are in WMR orange & grey, with the exception of Penkridge (with old-style LMS lampposts).
>Canley, Tile Hill, Berkswell, Hampton-in-Arden, Marston Green, Lea Hall: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers).
>Stechford: Network WM running boards, LM signage. (Probably unchanged due to the Access For All works currently ongoing at the station)
>Adderley Park: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers).
>Smethwick Rolfe Street: WMR running boards/signage.
>Smethwick Galton Bridge: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers) on both levels.
>Sandwell & Dudley: WMR running boards/signage.

>Dudley Port: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Tipton: WMR running boards/signage.
>Coseley: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers).
>Wolverhampton: WMR running boards/signage.
>Penkridge: WMR running boards/signage.
>Stone: WMR running boards/signage.

Wolverhampton-Shrewsbury Line
All stations between Wolverhampton (exc.) & Shrewsbury (exc.) have old-style GWR lampposts, except Telford Central (which has WMR orange/grey). All also have WMR running boards - these have no additional transfers unless mentioned.
>Bilbrook, Codsall, Albrighton, Cosford, Shifnal: WMR signage.
>Telford Central: WMR running boards with "Ironbridge Gorge" transfers, LM signage.
>Oakengates: WMR signage.
>Wellington: WMR running boards with "Gateway to the Wrekin" transfers, WMR signage.

Cross-City Line (LTV-BMV/RDC, exc. BHM)
Unless stated otherwise, all stations on the Cross-City Line have full orange/grey lampposts.
>Lichfield Trent Valley (High Level): LM running boards, WMR signage.
>Lichfield City: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Birthplace of Samuel Johnson" transfers).
>Shenstone, Blake Street: WMR running boards/signage.

>Butlers Lane: Network WM running boards, LM/WMR signage mix. Platform Number markers on P2 are still LM.
>Four Oaks: Network WM running boards, LM/WMR signage mix. All 'Tickets' signs & a P2/3 marker are still LM.
>(Royal Town of) Sutton Coldfield: WMR running boards/signage. Platform number markers on lampposts are still LM.
>Wylde Green: WMR running boards/signage, orange/grey lampposts (not throughout; 1 lamppost at the Lichfield end is only half painted). Station sign over bridge still NWM.
>Chester Road: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Boldmere" transfers).
>Erdington: WMR running boards/signage.
>Gravelly Hill: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Home of Spaghetti Junction" transfers).
(P2 Way Out Sign is still LM)
>Aston: WMR running boards/signage (inc. AVFC transfers).
>Duddeston: WMR running boards/signage.
>Five Ways: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Broad Street" transfers).
>University: Partial WMR running boards/full WMR signage (inc. "for Queen Elizabeth Hospital and University of Birmingham" transfers). Running boards under P1 canopies are still NWM.
>Selly Oak: WMR running boards
, LM/WMR signage mix.
>Bournville: WMR running boards/signage (inc. Stirchley/Cadbury World transfers), Purple "Cadbury" lampposts.
>Kings Norton: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Northfield: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Longbridge: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Barnt Green: WMR running boards/signage (inc. Lickey Hills Country Park transfers).
>Alvechurch: WMR running boards/signage.
>Redditch: WMR running boards, WMR signage.
>Bromsgrove: WMR running boards, WMR/non-std signage mix.

Snow Hill Lines (Dorridge/Stratford-u-A - Ledbury via Snow Hill & Worcester)
Unless stated otherwise, all WMT-operated stations from Stratford-upon-Avon to Earlswood (exc. Stratford Pkwy) have WMR running boards/signage with old-style GWR lampposts, and all stations from Wythall to Spring Road have Network WM Signs and the same lampposts.
Unless otherwise mentioned, all WMT-operated stations from Widney Manor to Worcester (inc. Stourbridge Town) have orange/grey lampposts; Widney Manor, Olton & Acocks Green also have WMR signs/signage.

>Stratford-upon-Avon: LM "Olympic Gold" running boards, LM signage (TBC).
>Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway: WMR running boards/signage, orange/grey lampposts.
>Wilmcote: WMR running boards/signage (inc. Mary Arden's Farm transfers).
>Wootton Wawen, Henley-in-Arden, Danzey, Wood End, The Lakes: WMR running boards/signage.
>Earlswood: WMR running boards, WMR signage
(AFAIK).
>Wythall: WMR running boards, WMR signage (AFAIK).
>Whitlocks End: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Dickens Heath" transfers).
>Shirley, Yardley Wood: WMR running boards/signage.
>Widney Manor, Olton, Acocks Green: WMR running boards/signage.

>Hall Green: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Spring Road: WMR running boards/signage.
>Tyseley: WMR running boards/signage; depot has orange/grey lampposts. Running board font different to the rest.

>Small Heath: Network WM running boards, WMR signage, unpainted lampposts.
>Bordesley: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Birmingham Snow Hill: WMR running boards, LM signage, orange/purple lampposts.
>Jewellery Quarter: WMR running boards/signage.
>The Hawthorns: WMR running boards (inc. West Bromwich Albion transfers)
, LM/WMR signage mix.
>Langley Green: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Oldbury" transfers).
>Rowley Regis: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Blackheath" transfers).
>Old Hill: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Haden Hill" transfers).
>Cradley Heath: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Merry Hill Shopping Centre" transfers).
>Lye: WMR running boards/signage.
>Stourbridge Junction: WMR running boards/signage.

(>Stourbridge Town: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.)
>Hagley, Blakedown: WMR running boards/signage.
>Kidderminster: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "for Severn Valley Railway" transfers).
>Hartlebury, Droitwich Spa, Worcester Shrub Hill, Worcester Foregate Street: WMR running boards/signage.
>Malvern Link, Great Malvern, Colwall, Ledbury: WMR running boards/signage, old-style GWR lampposts (inc. "Cotswolds & Malverns Line" transfers).

Chase Line (Aston (exc.) - Walsall - Rugeley TV (exc.))
All WMT-operated stations between Aston (exc.) & Rugeley Trent Valley (exc.) are in WMR orange & grey.
>Witton: WMR running boards/signage, plus new PIS screens.
>Perry Barr, Hamstead: WMR running boards/signage.
>Tame Bridge Parkway, Bescot Stadium: WMR running boards/signage (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers).

>Walsall: Network WM running boards, WMR signage.
>Bloxwich, Bloxwich North: WMR running boards/signage.
>Landywood: WMR running boards (southbound platform),
Network WM running boards (northbound platform - AFAIK); WMR signage.
>Cannock: WMR running boards/signage.
>Hednesford: WMR running boards/signage (AFAIK).

>Rugeley Town: LM running boards, WMR signage.

NUCKLE - Nuneaton/Coventry/Kenilworth/Leamington Spa
>Kenilworth: WMR running boards/signage, unpainted lampposts with orange bands.
>Coventry Arena: WMR running boards
, LM signage, orange/grey lampposts.
>Bedworth, Bermuda Park: WMR running boards/signage, orange/grey lampposts.

Others
>Water Orton, Wilnecote: WMR running boards/signage, orange/grey lampposts.
>Coleshill Parkway: LM running boards, WMR signage, unpainted posts with WMR orange shelter.
>Claverdon: WMR running boards, partial WMR signage, some LM signage, old-style GWR lampposts.
>Bearley: WMR running boards/signage, old-style GWR lampposts.

Trains
Class 139 - both in FINAL WMR livery
139001: unrefurbished
139002: unrefurbished

Class 153 (due to leave the franchise):
153334: LM livery, WMR branding
153354: ditto
153356: ditto
153364: ditto
153365: ditto
153366: ditto
153371: ditto
153375: ditto

Class 170/5 (2-cars, due to leave the franchise) - all in WMR "outgoing" livery
Class 170/6 (3-cars, due to leave the franchise) - all in WMR "outgoing" livery

Class 172/0 (2-cars, ex-London Overground) -
all in FINAL WMR livery, half-refurbished & in service
172001: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs
172002: refurbished with new interior, toilet, WiFi, plugs, new PIS & Information Screens.
172003: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs
172004: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs. Recently returned from work at Ilford.
172005: refurbished with new interior, toilet, WiFi, plugs, new PIS & Information Screens.
172006: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs
172007: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs
172008: refurbished with new interior, toilet & WiFi but no plugs

Class 172/2 (2-cars, with gangway) - all in FINAL WMR livery, and refurbished with new interior, WiFi & plugs

Class 172/3 (3-cars, with gangway) - all in FINAL WMR livery
172331: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172332: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172333: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172334: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172335: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172336: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172337: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172338: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172339: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172340: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172341: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172342: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172343: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172344: unrefurbished but with WiFi
172345: unrefurbished but with WiFi

Class 323 (due to leave the franchise) - all in outgoing WMR livery
323201-204: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323205: not PRM compliant.
323206: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323207: not PRM compliant.
323208-209: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323210: not PRM compliant.
323211-219: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323220: not PRM compliant.
323221-222: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323240: PRM compliant, refurbished.

323241: not PRM compliant.
323242: PRM compliant, refurbished.
323243: not PRM compliant.

(NB: WCML stations and Class 230s, 319s and 350s are omitted as they fall under the LNWR umbrella and this list focuses on the WMR side of things)
Feel free to quote this post with any updates to the list!

Last edited:

59CosG95

Established Member
And the similarly updated list for the LNWR fleet/stations (as of 1/4/20).

Stations
WCML
All WMT-managed stations on the WCML have two-tone green/white LNWR lampposts from Watford Jct to Acton Bridge (inclusive). Aside from the stations listed below, all have LNWR running boards/signage; Long Buckby, Northampton, Wolverton, Bletchley, Leighton Buzzard, Berkhamsted, Hemel Hempstead & Watford Junction have "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" on their running boards.

>Long Buckby: LNWR running boards (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers), LM signage (AFAIK).
>Milton Keynes Central: LM running boards/signage. External platform number markers (i.e. those not under canopies) are now in LNWR colours.
>Tring: LNWR running boards/signage.
(N.B. One lamppost behind Tring P1 is still in LM green/black AFAIK).
>Watford Junction: LNWR running boards (inc. "Direct Trains to Birmingham International" transfers; except large illuminated ones - those are still LM), LNWR signage.

Abbey Line - all have LNWR running boards, signage & two-tone green lampposts.

Marston Vale Line - all have LNWR "Marston Vale" running boards & signage.

>Fenny Stratford, Bow Brickhill (for Caldecotte and Tilbrook), Woburn Sands: LNWR two-tone green lampposts.
>Aspley Guise: Green/black (LM) lampposts (AFAIK).
>Ridgmont, Lidlington, Millbrook (Beds), Stewartby (for Kimberley College), Kempston Hardwick, Bedford St. Johns: LNWR two-tone green lampposts.

Trains
Class 230 - all refurbished and in full (Marston Vale) LNWR livery

Class 319 (due to leave the franchise upon introduction of Class 730s)

319005: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319012: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319013: LM livery, LNWR branding
319214: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319215: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319216: LM livery, LNWR branding
319217: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319218: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319219: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319220: Thameslink livery, unbranded
319429: LM livery, LNWR branding
319433: LM livery, LNWR branding
319441: LM livery, LNWR branding
319457: LM livery, LNWR branding (with white cab ends)
319460: LM livery, LNWR branding

Class 350/1 - see post 599 on the dedicated Class 350/1 refurb thread. Completed parts of refurb in bold.
350101-103: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350104: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete,
unrefurbished).
350105: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350106: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350107: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350108: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350109: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350110: LM "Project 110" livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished)
350111-114: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350115: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350116: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350117: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350118: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350119: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350120: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350121: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350122: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair ongoing, unrefurbished).
350123: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350124: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350125: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350126: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, refurbished).
350127: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350128: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).
350129: LNWR "undercoat" livery, awaiting full LNWR livery & branding (corrosion repair complete, refurbished).
350130: LM livery, LNWR branding (no corrosion repair, unrefurbished).

Class 350/2 (due to leave the franchise upon introduction of Class 730s)
350231: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350232: LNWR "outgoing" livery.

350233: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350234: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350235: LM livery (with BTP wrap), LNWR branding.
350236-238: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350239: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350240: LNWR "outgoing" livery.

350241-243: LM livery, LNWR branding
350244: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350245: LNWR "outgoing" livery.

350246-251: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350252-254: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350255: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350256: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350257-259: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350260: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350261: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350262: LNWR "outgoing" livery.
350263: LNWR "outgoing" livery.

350264-266: LM livery, LNWR branding.
350267: LNWR "outgoing" livery.

Class 350/3 - all reliveried into full (revised) LNWR livery with 1st Class stripe
350368: Full LNWR livery with "Resorts World Birmingham" advertising branding. Refurbished.
350369: Full LNWR livery with "Edgbaston Cricket Ground" advertising branding.
350370: Full LNWR livery with "Cadbury World" advertising branding. Currently being refurbished.
350371: Full LNWR livery with "Birmingham Airport" advertising branding.
350372: Full LNWR livery with "Visit Liverpool" advertising branding.
350373: Full LNWR livery with "Birmingham Hippodrome" advertising branding.
350374: Full LNWR livery with "Liverpool Airport" advertising branding.
350375: Full LNWR livery with "Madame Tussauds" advertising branding.
350376: Full LNWR livery with "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" advertising branding.
350377: Full LNWR livery with "RSC: Visit Stratford upon Avon" advertising branding.

Class 350/4 - all now with LNWR. All units are in full (revised) LNWR livery with 1st Class stripe & large unit no's.
350401: Refurbished.
350402: Unrefurbished.
350403: Unrefurbished.
350404: Unrefurbished.
350405: Unrefurbished.
350406: Unrefurbished.
350407: Unrefurbished.
350408: Unrefurbished.
350409: Unrefurbished.
350410: Unrefurbished.

Last edited:

59CosG95

Established Member
Can they now start sending units of for refurbishment and corrosion repairs?
Not sure if Long Marston's actually doing any corrosion/repair work at the moment with all the social distancing rules. Remember that the only reason that LNWR have now received all 10 units is due to the fact that TPE have reduced their services by such a degree as to render them surplus.

Dan15812

Not sure if Long Marston's actually doing any corrosion/repair work at the moment with all the social distancing rules. Remember that the only reason that LNWR have now received all 10 units is due to the fact that TPE have reduced their services by such a degree as to render them surplus.
That makes sense now

Spirit555

Corrosion work has restarted today with the arrival of 350103 at Long Marston. Towed there by 37800 earlier today

Mark