• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[WNXX] North Wales Proper trains to return!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
From Dreadful:

Well looks like the Coast will never die.

Arriva have decided ONCE AGAIN that they can't cope and the following *SHOULD* be LHCS from Wednesday next week:

1H44 0637 Bangor - Man Picc,
1D37 1003 Man Picc - Holyhead,
1H52 1335 Holyhead - Man Picc,
1D46 1741 Man Picc - Chester.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

metrocammel

Seen as I go to school in Manchester, I will no doubt be on it every night (give or take a bit). Heard it will be VT 57's + unspecified stock. But I personally cant see this, as OK, VT have enough 57's, but they don't have any stock (other than the WC mk3's), so the stock will probably be Riveira, and in that case 47's seems likely (though Im informed that ATW's contract with Riveria finished this week) so does anyone have any decisive news / info regarding the loco & coaching stock?

Anyway, if anyone does the 17:4x off Picc, Ill no doubt be on it.

richa2002

Established Member
Fantastic! Maybe I'll have one last chance to see this.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Might do this between Chester and Holyhead sometime.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm up for this.

Weekdays only? If so, week commencing 19 December for a meet?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
December 20th would be good for me

joy54.gen

Its almost certain these won't last this long, they are running due to the ATW unit shortage, this should be sorted by then, if not I'm almost certainly up for this in December (brings back memories of the ALR in Feburary)

joy54.gen

'Chester drivers to do a 57 conversion course Monday and Tuesday next week, diagram to start Wednesday.'

Definatly going to be 57s...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice! Pity it won't be 47s, I regret going via BP that one day...

This I'm NOT up for missing. I have a day off on Thursday (ironically, we get paid the same day!), so me thinks it may be an All Wales Flexi Pass 4 in 8 this week, not the usual South Wales version! Just wondering what time the 1335 off Holyhead will arrive at Chester, then I could do a Chester to Manchester CDR, returning via Stockport possibly.

Me thinks the SLR will be back out on Thursday! Maybe I shouldn't have wasted those last two exposures...Me also thinks the camcorder will be back out on Thursday... :D

If anyone's doing the 1335 off Holyhead, I'll hopefully be on it this Thursday from Chester or Rhyl (preferrably Rhyl to tick it off!). Let us know if you're doing it.

One thing is for sure: Expect a fair few pictures on my Fotopic site Thursday evening!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I have seen this posted on the virgin-trains yahoo group

Incidently LNWR at Crewe were marshalling together two short MK2 sets on
Friday for use by Arriva Trains on NWC services vice 175 units. Variously
quoted as starting this Wed 7th or Sat 10th, either using Virgin 57's or
Riviera 47's on the Manchester diagram (Sat 10th & 47's more likely I'm
told)

metrocammel

On the North Wales news Yahoo group, it says there arent enough 57's at the moment (due to failures etc, such as 57305 with broken crankshaft) so 47's (Riviera?) should do the diagram to start with(from Wednesday I believe) and it may then, when more are available, drop 57/3's - which will probably be a 1st for a Virgin 57 on a ATW service (?)

Ta,
James.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
47s on the coast again, i would come but twice was enough, gets bering after a whilst, i might go to rhynmey to do the official last 37s sat. 10th, but rhymney line is boring as well!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
47s eh? That WILL be fun! 47854 this weekend reminded me how much fun they can be, so I'm up for that. If it's anything like 47810 was in 2004...

Can't wait til Saturday, and in any case am working that day. If this Saturday turns out to be the same or better, we'll be laughing. Hence why I'm doing the locos this Thursday (other events permitting).

Will post on Thursday about what locos were running.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think so and it will be VT 57s possibly top and tailed.

metrocammel

If it's running tommorow, I will definately be on the 17:41 ex Picc, along with Tom Donnely (47828) probably taking it just to Bank Quay.
Perhaps I'll see some people then!
Cheerio.
James.

Status
Not open for further replies.