• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

wnxx to go subscription?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnellzug

Established Member
I note that it says on wnxx...

At some point the site is to go subscriber based. There's a lot to do and things to put in place beforehand. I intend to make a full and detailed announcement in due course and set out a map of things to do/things to build or rebuild at some point.

The question is always how much is it going to cost and the answer is £10 per year.

Another one bites the dust, then?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
I note that it says on wnxx...

Another one bites the dust, then?

Presumably the traffic has reached a level where the owners are having to spend too much in hosting. Rail Forums makes enough from Google ads to cover their costs, and make a profit* but with much of WNXX's content being members only that option isn't really available to them..

*I believe the surplus is donated to charity at the end of the year...

anthony263

Established Member
Too be honest a lot of the users on WNXX have said they are happy to pay £10 per year however it is only the main wnxx site going to subscription with the forum remaining free.

Established Member
Too be honest a lot of the users on WNXX have said they are happy to pay £10 per year however it is only the main wnxx site going to subscription with the forum remaining free.

I only use the forum bit, which is good enough for me.

As an ex mod of WNXX I know how hard Ian and the guys work on the site.

I wish him all the best and; trust me, whatever he does will be for the good of the site.....and his sanity lol.

455driver

Veteran Member
I wont write what I think of that site after being kicked off the forum for having the audasity to join the fourfooteightandahalf forum, IF and Snapper can go (you get the idea).

Pumbaa

Established Member
I was going to say, there's always the 4'. Which is basically old wnxx... :roll:

wintonian

Established Member
What's the reason for WNXX wanting people to register before even reading the forums, particularly when it's so easy to circumnavigate?

455driver

Veteran Member
What's the reason for WNXX wanting people to register before even reading the forums, particularly when it's so easy to circumnavigate?

So IF and Snappy can go on a power trip to protect "their" forum by preventing us lot* rejoining.

* refers to people that will not accept the drivel that Snappy writes as fact without proof.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
What does "WNXX" stand for - if anything - anyway? Isn't it a bit of an odd title that has no obvious meaning?

Another feeling of mine is that people aren't going to pay for something they have gotten used to first - so any fairly new members they may have probably wouldn't pay up. Why not implement the system we have?

david_VI

I want to know what WNXX stands for too. I remember years ago it was called End of the line? Why did it change?

Pen Mill

What does "WNXX" stand for - if anything - anyway? Isn't it a bit of an odd title that has no obvious meaning?

Another feeling of mine is that people aren't going to pay for something they have gotten used to first - so any fairly new members they may have probably wouldn't pay up. Why not implement the system we have?
I believe it's a TOPS pool code for EWS locos ,I think the end of the line bit meant end of the life

:-
WNXX EWS STORED UNSERVICEABLE - MAINLINE LOCO'S HQ

Established Member
I left this group a couple of years ago. I am glad that i did. I found some of the people on there spouting openly racist views disgusting. If you you got into any debate or discussion with some of the people they would send personal messages through your inbox.

I got suspended for hearing my views and got suspended, after that i never went back even though the guy who said he was silly and sorry to report a post i made.

At least on here you can agree to disagree within reason.

theblackwatch

Established Member
People seem to be confusing wnxx and the forum there. It is the main 'gen' site that is being talked about going subscription - the forum is totally unconnected to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.