• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Woking conductor rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

seiryuu

I was passing through Woking today web I noticed that on platform five, there are remains of a platform side conductor rail. This is quite a rare thing for obvious reasons, does anyone know when this rail was switched to the far side?
5ec2d7ee-2240-9734.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSEFAN

Established Member
I've never known the conductor rail to ever be on the platform side. Recycled sleepers, maybe?

Hydro

Established Member
They'll be sleepers that have been recovered and put in with the pot mounts towards the platform.

Eastleigh P3 has a little bit of platform side con rail, at the London end. Few places, like Alton and Guildford, have a road with platform faces either side of it, so obviously must have juice on at least one platform side. It does happen.

SussexMan

I've never known the conductor rail to ever be on the platform side.

Lewes station used to have the 3rd rail next to the platform. It would probably have been Platform 1 at the time (assuming the current Platform 1 was Platform 2) but is now part of the car park. There was a set of points which prevented putting the 3rd rail on the far side of the track. No idea how long ago it was changed 60's/70's?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've never known the conductor rail to ever be on the platform side.

Guildford and Ascot both have conductor rails platform side. Now admittedly they aren't on the side that passengers will board from but they are still next to a platform edge.

455driver

Veteran Member
Where there are points beside the platform then there will be a short length of conrail there.

It isnt unusual really.

Status
Not open for further replies.