• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wolverhampton - Bescot Stadium direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
According to Wikipedia, as well as the Walsall direct parly, there is a Wolverhampton - Bescot Stadium direct service on a Saturday. I can't find it on the London Midland site nor the PSUL website. Is this just an error?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
It may continue on to Birmingham NS or it may be in the opposite direction but I haven't heard of this parly before so I'm sceptical too.

The Planner

Veteran Member
Nothing else shown as passenger at Darlaston Jn apart from the Wolves Walsall and diverted Virgins, Wikinonsense again.

TDK

Established Member
It may be a rounder from Birmingham NS to Birmingham NS or something.

sd0733

Established Member
There is a direct Wolverhamton-Bescot Stadium (continuing to Walsall) train every 30 minutes all day but goes via Birmingham.
Nothing bar the Saturday am train goes down the branch from Wolves though and nothing is booked to terminate at Bescot so its definitely not right.

12guard4

Must be a fault somewhere because as mentioned there is no service terminating at Bescott

causton

Established Member
Closest you will get is an ATW/VT going BHM - WVH via Bescot Stadium but not stopping, hoping to do the line going on a VT on a Friday night before taking the parly the next morning if my plans go well in the future!

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
The full service was withdrawn on 13 December 2008, although there is still a 'Parliamentary train' – initially, one train per day ran directly from Walsall to Wolverhampton on weekdays, leaving Walsall at 19:36, but this was replaced in the 19 May 2013 timetable by a Saturdays-only train from Wolverhampton to Walsall leaving Wolverhampton at 06:38.
Looks like someone has changed it to be correct.
Sam

craigybagel

Established Member
Engineering work this weekend means lots of opportunities to go via Bescot at civilised hours. Virgin and ATW are both running hourly nonstop Wolverhampton-Birmingham and return via Bescot on Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.