• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wolverhampton-London Ticket Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Established Member
I'm staying in Wolverhampton, but traveling to London on Saturday 4th May for the FA Vase final[fortunately Wolves to Euston route is not affected by rail works on the Saturday] been looking at the fares catching the 09:45am from Wolves but not sure on what train getting back so prefer flexible off peak ticket rather than an AP one.

Looking at the fares i can get a Super Off Peak One Day Travelcard at £32:10[valid on the trains i want to get], would this ticket be available for Weekend First upgrade should any seats be available in First Class?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
catching the 09:45am from Wolves but not sure on what train getting back so prefer flexible off peak ticket rather than an AP one.

Looking at the fares i can get a Super Off Peak One Day Travelcard at £32:10[valid on the trains i want to get]

I'm sure you know this, but the Super Off Peak Day Travelcard routed Virgin Trains Only at £32.10 is not actually a Super Off Peak ticket, but a type of Advance ticket. You are tied to your booked outbound train, but may use any (Virgin) service on the return - which sounds fine for you.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I'm sure you know this, but the Super Off Peak Day Travelcard routed Virgin Trains Only at £32.10 is not actually a Super Off Peak ticket, but a type of Advance ticket. You are tied to your booked outbound train, but may use any (Virgin) service on the return - which sounds fine for you.

Indeed. It is some sort of hybrid, hence neither one nor another.

The wonders of "simplification".

Status
Not open for further replies.