• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Women Survive Subway Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
From http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13460751,00.html

1350977.jpg
1350986.jpg

This is the dramatic moment a mother and baby are nearly dragged to their deaths underneath a subway train.

The drama unfolded after the woman tried to wheel the pushchair and baby on to the train.

A surveillance camera in Seoul's Yangjae station captures the panic as the doors suddenly slam shut, trapping the baby and buggy halfway in the train.

The 30-year-old mum fights to get the buggy free and manages to untie her baby and hurl it clear, but her coat becomes trapped in the doors of the train.

She and a friend are dragged along the platform as the train moves away.

Passengers scream in panic as the women are pulled further down the line.

Thankfully the train driver becomes aware of what is happening and stops the carriages.

"I tried to get up but my jacket was caught between the doors," Lee Chan-hee explained afterwards.

"I thought I was going to die".

Ends.

The mind boggles...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The doors "suddenly slammed shut"? I'd like to know how accurate that statement is.

It is crazy to try to get a pushchair on a train when the doors are about to close!

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm amazed that the driver didn't realise what was happening sooner. I thought they were meant to check doors before they departed.

Met Driver

Established Member
laverack222 said:
I'm amazed that the driver didn't realise what was happening sooner. I thought they were meant to check doors before they departed.

You'd think so, but operating practices may well be different in South Korea, either that or the driver simply didn't bother looking back along the train after closing the doors.

What surprises me more is the apparent lack of door interlock.

Jordy

Established Member
Seth said:
What surprises me more is the apparent lack of door interlock.

Thats what I thought, BTW, for anyone who is interested, there is a link to a video of the inncident on that page.

Jordy

LucaZone

yorkie said:
The doors "suddenly slammed shut"? I'd like to know how accurate that statement is.

It is crazy to try to get a pushchair on a train when the doors are about to close!
Doesnt look like she was in any rush to get on, infact quite the opposite. You can see she has trouble even before the loading lights go out and doors close.

Though it does appear as though she didnt think the train would pull away with the door jammed by her buggy. So maybe there is some form of 'doors shut' check that went a mock here.

Tom B

Established Member
This one seems to have donw the rounds several times already... though what do you expect from the tabloid media?

bloogrape

Seth said:
From http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-13460751,00.html

1350977.jpg
1350986.jpg

This is the dramatic moment a mother and baby are nearly dragged to their deaths underneath a subway train.

The drama unfolded after the woman tried to wheel the pushchair and baby on to the train.

A surveillance camera in Seoul's Yangjae station captures the panic as the doors suddenly slam shut, trapping the baby and buggy halfway in the train.

The 30-year-old mum fights to get the buggy free and manages to untie her baby and hurl it clear, but her coat becomes trapped in the doors of the train.

She and a friend are dragged along the platform as the train moves away.

Passengers scream in panic as the women are pulled further down the line.

Thankfully the train driver becomes aware of what is happening and stops the carriages.

"I tried to get up but my jacket was caught between the doors," Lee Chan-hee explained afterwards.

"I thought I was going to die".

Ends.

The mind boggles...
glad she is alive and with her baby
its so horrid to think of a child without a mother

Status
Not open for further replies.