• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Woodford Halse Water Tank and Model Railway Visit & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

I enjoyed another visit to the Charwelton and Woodford Halse area on the 1st of February. My main aim was to visit the old GCR Water Tank to the north of Woodford and to also visit the Woodford Model Railway Club who held an open day. I have updated the photos and videos to my web pages. The water tank photos are at link 6 and the link to the videos at 10 & 11.

I have been trying to visit the model railway for many years but as it isn't open until 7pm would miss the last bus. However, the Railway Club put on an afternoon opening that was very successful that allowed me to spend time walking the old railway as well as visiting the model railway for the first time. It is a really fine layout and enjoyed seeing the old station as I remembered it when I fired fright trains to Woodford back in the 60's.attending the model display.

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/ke... Rlwy Walks/WoodfordHalseRailwayWalkIndex.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.