• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Woodhead Line - Documentary help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euan Antona

Hello,

I'm currently putting together a radio documentary about the future of the Woodhead line. To do this, I want to have a section reflecting on what was and what the line did to help people.

I would love to have a chat with anyone who had something to do with the railway. Did you work on it? Did you live/grow up in the area and utilise it? Do you live between Sheffield and Manchester and suffer with the unreliable roads between the two cities? No reason is too small!

If you feel you can help, either comment in the thread and we can arrange something, or drop me an email at [email protected]

Thank you all for your time

Euan Antona

(Permission granted by moderators for the post, my thanks)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

randyrippley

Established Member
I hate to pour cold water on projects such as this, but if your intention is "a radio documentary about the future of the Woodhead line" its likely to be rather short. There's no realistic future as a railway. Or were you thinking of alternative uses?

Euan Antona

Everything really! Alternative uses are equally as valid. The route seems to have such an appeal/legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.