• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wooooo-----hooooo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
What am I celebrating? The fact I've not long got back from a hellfire drive and bash in D1013!

Rode in the back cab from Bewdley to Bridgnorth, where we sampled the run-round, had lunch then I drove the legendary beast from Bridgnorth non-stop to Highley, where I had to change over with the last experience driver. It was a lovely bit of hellfire in both directions! From Highley to Bewdley, I did a bit of second-man stuff, although token exchanges were left to the official chap.

If you want to do a driving experience course on a preserved line, I WHOLLY recommend it! WELL worth the money to go and do it!

In short, D1013 RULES! Twin-engine running too, so we got some great running out of her! I am now a fully confirmed Western fan!

Photos up later today, just about to upload them now.
[EDIT]
http://fgwfan.fotopic.net/c963000.html

As promised, here is the link for all 67 of my photos from the day. My one of D3022 was badly timed unfortunately, it being the worst shot of the day. Otherwise, I'm fairly proud of all of my photos.

:cheers:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

Sounds like an excellent day Julian. Thanks for sharing the pics, but I prefer Sulzers ta :p

Status
Not open for further replies.