• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worcestershire Parkway station progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
GWR had asked for all entries on industry systems referring to trains running on/tickets being sold from January 26 to be removed when they first appeared earlier this month - the process was clearly not carried out thoroughly enough. Nor should anything have gone online referring to December 16 last year either.

When an opening date for the station is announced, it will be posted on the Worcestershire county council web page I gave the link for above - and given to the local media.

Until there is an announcement from the council, anything that appears on journey planners, realtimetrains or anywhere else should be treated with extreme caution.
OK - thanks for clearing that one up. It's good I read up on here yesterday, or else I would have been going there (or trying to) tofay! :)

-Peter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eastdyke

Established Member
Just an observation. I travelled on XC Cardiff services to/from Nottingham yesterday and the on-train PIS aroused my curiosity so causing me to look here.
On both journeys the PIS advised 'approaching Worcestershire Parkway'.
Which of course was true, nothing about stopping!!

eastdyke

Established Member
Just checked RTT to see what actually happened today, and the offending train 1P41, 0953 Great Malvern-Paddington, is shown "cancelled due to a planning error".
So not only did it not stop at the new Parkway, it didn't run at all.
Ho. Hum.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L97564/2020-01-26/detailed
Whereas the NRE 'show me live trains' page, also shows as cancelled but states (at the moment):
Service updates
This train has been delayed by a train not stopping at a station it was supposed to
LOL
https://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/ldbdetails/OZ9wh7NESPjXJpVNcqIVyA==

Peter C

Established Member
Just checked RTT to see what actually happened today, and the offending train 1P41, 0953 Great Malvern-Paddington, is shown "cancelled due to a planning error".
So not only did it not stop at the new Parkway, it didn't run at all.
Ho. Hum.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L97564/2020-01-26/detailed
According to OTT and then looking up online, it was cancelled due to a diagram issue. The GWR app was saying that trains yesterday were going pear-shaped because they failed to stop at a station. It all seems to be going a bit funny up that end of the Cotswold Line... and 1P41 was the service I was going to go to Didcot on today - I'm delayed by about an hour. Thankfully I noticed the cancellation before I left the house and I'm not too worried. I'll still get to see Didcot Railway Centre! :D

-Peter

Brissle Girl

Established Member
GWR has confirmed on another forum that the station was not due to open today, and any online information to the contrary is a mistake that they are trying to rectify.

O L Leigh

Established Member
Just an observation. I travelled on XC Cardiff services to/from Nottingham yesterday and the on-train PIS aroused my curiosity so causing me to look here.
On both journeys the PIS advised 'approaching Worcestershire Parkway'.
Which of course was true, nothing about stopping!!

The PIS codes were updated at the last diagram change to include WOP. With the delay to the opening, temporary codes were issued but as these are not printed on the job cards some drivers are not using them, hence the PIS says the train is calling when in fact it isn’t.

R G NOW.

Does anyone know how the tickets are going to be arranged. At the moment, if you ask for a return to Worcester, you get issued with one that states, '' Worcester stations'' on. Will this include parkway as well. This applies if buying from the ticket office at Gloucester.

takno

Established Member
Does anyone know how the tickets are going to be arranged. At the moment, if you ask for a return to Worcester, you get issued with one that states, '' Worcester stations'' on. Will this include parkway as well. This applies if buying from the ticket office at Gloucester.
Why would Worcestershire Parkway be a Worcester Station any more than, say Droitwich?

NewSt

Probably surprising no one, the latest weekly notice gives a change of opening date to 9 February. As ever, don't hold your breath!

Thanks for the update. I’m on a trip to Hull on that day so will have to try and pop down after I get back.

R G NOW.

Why is it taking so long to get this station signed off? I suspect in Victorian times the stations had a quick inspection, then were opened if nothing wrong.

jimm

Established Member

No, it will not be part of the Worcester Stations group for ticketing purposes - that is Shrub Hill and Foregate Street.

The county council has today posted a letter online from its leader to the Worcester News, which still doesn't give a date

Station construction is complete. We are nearing the conclusion of the rail industry standard, rigorous “Entry into Service” process where all the new equipment and facilities are being been tested and commissioned and final sign off for the station to become operational is given. We will confirm the station opening date as soon as we can.

http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/news/article/1688/worcestershire_parkway_rail_station

DannyMich2018

Why is it taking so long to get this station signed off? I suspect in Victorian times the stations had a quick inspection, then were opened if nothing wrong.
No idea!! Its pathetic how long things take these days. Look at how long Kenilworth took to open? And despite been complete sometime the southbound end of Market Harbrough still not allowed to open. It's no wonder costs are so high with so much bureaucracy and red tape...

pdeaves

Established Member
Someone I know working on this scheme told me today that the station will not open on 26 January but may (he emphasised 'may') on 2 February. There is still something (unspecified) not agreed with/signed off by ORR, unfortunately.
My contact has just strongly implied 16 February now. I didn't try to extract the exact reason for the further delay but it involves everyone getting 'everything' 100% spot on before opening happens.

R G NOW.

My contact has just strongly implied 16 February now. I didn't try to extract the exact reason for the further delay but it involves everyone getting 'everything' 100% spot on before opening happens.
I do now hope that this is the final date? I am starting to go grey.

Ianno87

Veteran Member

Victorian stations also killed and injured more people....and still do today. I Wonder why.

Roast Veg

Established Member
It only takes one critical member of staff to take a holiday to hold up some paperwork...

Djgr

Established Member
Victorian stations also killed and injured more people....and still do today. I Wonder why.
Can you provide some evidence to back this up? Deaths and injuries at "Victorian stations" in 2019 perhaps?

eastdyke

Established Member
Things don't get 'signed off' unless they are right - well seemingly almost right. Clearly some issues here.
If anyone is still looking for information, the ORR recieved the Application for Authorisation under The Railways (Interoperability) Regulations 2011 [amended] from County Hall on 23rd January 2020.
The letter granting Authorisation is dated 30th January 2020 and includes detail of a temporary deviation (valid for 12 months) which must be reconciled within that time, along with other conditions.
https://orr.gov.uk/__data/assets/pd...worcestershire-parkway-station-2020-01-30.pdf
Extract:
THE RAILWAYS (INTEROPERABILITY) REGULATIONS 2011, AS AMENDED WORCESTERSHIRE PARKWAY STATION
I refer to your application for authorisation received on 23 January 2020. Following review of your application I can confirm that ORR grants authorisation under Regulation 4(1)(a) of the Railways (Interoperability) Regulations 2011, as amended. This authorisation is for the placing in service of Worcestershire Parkway Station, defined by the following limits
- Platforms 1, 2 and 3
- Tracks within the platforms
ELR: BAG2 Mileage 67m 00ch to 67m 13ch (Platform 1)
ELR: BAG2 Mileage 67m 00ch to 67m 12ch (Platform 2)
ELR: OWW Mileage 116m 55ch to 116m 68ch (Platform 3)
- Station building and approaches
- One overbridge above the BAG2 line (OB 68-12)

The conditions of use of the structural subsystem are those listed on the Declaration of Verification reference WPK/DOV/NG/001, version A02, dated 23/01/2020 and described in the NoBo/DeBo Conformity Assessment Report 362610/MMRA/NoBo/004/01, issue 01, dated 23/01/2020 and the Safety Assessment Report reference 362610/MMRA/AsBo/0005/02, issue 2, dated 21/01/2020.

Conditions – from NoBo/DeBo Conformity Assessment Report

Platform offset
1299/2014/EU clause 7.7.17.7 UK network for GB: specific case for platform offset: ’As-built’ values are outside of the permitted tolerance in the national technical rule GI RT 7020, clause 2.2. The project entity has received a temporary deviation from RSSB certificate number: 19-074-DEV valid for 12 months until January 2021.
Condition 1 (DeBo Condition 1):
Before expiry of the RSSB temporary deviation authority (to which RSSB certificate number 19-074-DEV applies), the project entity shall reconcile the non-compliance of platform offsets and obtain unconditional certification from the designated body.

Lighting
1300/2014/EU PRM TSI 4.2.1.9 Lighting: Functional illuminance levels for the main car park, disabled car park, the lift lobby on platform 1 and emergency lighting have not been demonstrated
Condition 2 (NoBo Condition 1):
The functional illuminance levels need to be demonstrated to the satisfaction of the station facility owner, prior to putting the object of assessment into use.

Spoken Information

1300/2014/EU PRM TSI 4.2.1.11 Spoken Information: Final STI-PA testing is incomplete.
Condition 3 (NoBo Condition 2):
Compliant whole system testing results for the public address system need to be provided to the satisfaction of the station facility owner within eight weeks of authorisation.

Last edited:

mikestone1952

As I read that they still have to address the lighting?
;
Cross Country trains are shown calling in RTT on 9th February, but not GWR.

pdeaves

Established Member
Cross Country trains are shown calling in RTT on 9th February, but not GWR.
Don't hold your breath!
Quite; I think XC have 'always' been there (i.e. not removed/adjusted since last time). GWR calls are totally removed from the system until opening is confirmed. I understand that the station will open all at once, rather than one level before the other.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Which lighting?, Is this the platform lights or the ones in the main building.
There was a description of the exact problem areas quoted yesterday in post #805...
“Lighting: Functional illuminance levels for the main car park, disabled car park, the lift lobby on platform 1 and emergency lighting have not been demonstrated.”

Status
Not open for further replies.