• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Work Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I e-mailed Southern, they said that the resources manager would get back to, he never did :(. So I'm going to be a Sales Assistant in John Lewis instead, which I will enjoy :D.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joy54.gen

Try freight companies. I'm doing my Work Expierence with EWS Railways at Hither Green Depot. Just write a nice letter to your local depot and see what you get.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
joy54.gen said:
Try freight companies. I'm doing my Work Expierence with EWS Railways at Hither Green Depot. Just write a nice letter to your local depot and see what you get.
What happened to GNER?

Coxster

Established Member
I am doing my work experience with South West Trains. I told them I am an enthusiast so I am doing two weeks travelling around with guards. Normally it is just a platform course.

Harold

I did my work experience back in April/May 2004 for SWT at Guildford. I was in different roles from RO2 to Announcers office. I was also taken up to Waterloo head quarters and learned how SWT decide on which trains should if needed to, run via a certain route. I was also taken up to Feltham to see how they control their own C.I.S (Customer informaton systems) also, how they can be authorized permission to control another local surburbans C.I.S (for example: Whitton). Overall, I throughly enjoyed my work expereince with South West Trains. :D

joy54.gen

yorkie said:
joy54.gen said:
What happened to GNER?

GNER feel through, a few months ago they said that I would be able to be given a placement, when contacting them after my school gave out the booklets they now said there placement program had stopped so I had to look elsewhere.

bloogrape

Harold said:
I did my work experience back in April/May 2004 for SWT at Guildford. I was in different roles from RO2 to Announcers office. I was also taken up to Waterloo head quarters and learned how SWT decide on which trains should if needed to, run via a certain route. I was also taken up to Feltham to see how they control their own C.I.S (Customer informaton systems) also, how they can be authorized permission to control another local surburbans C.I.S (for example: Whitton). Overall, I throughly enjoyed my work expereince with South West Trains. :D

Sounds good, i never thought about work experiance when i was at that age. I used to like SWT but stoped when they failed me in an interview :P

Did you take any pictures while at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.