• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worksplates for sale....

Status
Not open for further replies.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
On behalf of a mate.

Some worksplates that are available. Would prefer to swap for Class 60 items but cash would do!

EE VF 3526/D955 ex D6966 / 37266 / 37422 ex loco, black and chrome front £400.
EE VF 3506/D937 ex D6949 / 37249 / 37903 restored black and chrome front £350.

BREL Built Crewe ex Class 90 restored front, ex loco back £200.

Drop me a PM for more details and I shall pass you the contact details of the bloke who has them.

:)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
Stone cold 'now'? Were they a bit warm once then?

Yea. 'Warm' as in just being taken off the loco so not had a chance for things to 'cool' off. They have now though.

Ok, why's that? My local AU version often have loco plates on them and they usually get really good amounts for them, and you would have a better advantage with the higher population and likelyhood of there being more people interested that sort of thing.

Not a clue. Things like this just aren't selling as well as they used to. Good for buyers, bad for sellers

Royston Vasey

Established Member
BREL Built Crewe ex Class 90 restored front, ex loco back £200.

This isn't a leading question or anything, I'm not doubting the legitimacy of the items, but I'm wondering why a relatively recent loco (and one at least still extant if not in use) would have had its worksplate removed and/or replaced?

Assuming it is like this one: http://merlinsphotos.fotopic.net/p12201021.html

I'm sure you wouldn't be daft enough to post stolen goods on this forum, especially as a seasoned poster, so like I say I'm not trying to trip you up or incriminate you.

43034 The Black Horse

Established Member
This isn't a leading question or anything, I'm not doubting the legitimacy of the items, but I'm wondering why a relatively recent loco (and one at least still extant if not in use) would have had its worksplate removed and/or replaced?

I'm sure you wouldn't be daft enough to post stolen goods on this forum, especially as a seasoned poster, so like I say I'm not trying to trip you up or incriminate you.

Hello Mr Vasey. I have read your post and will answer it later tonight. Off out now for a few hours so didn't want you to think I was ignoring you! :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

90 worksplates fell off, and I mean that literally.
They were only held on by two crappy pop rivets and after a couple of years they literally fell off. They were then all taken off when they went for a repaint as falling off at 100mph isn't good.
They were then subsequently sold on.
That photo is of a later one (1990), some of them got that newer style (the one a mate has for sale is the earlier 1988 style) after the 1988 ones fell off.

Last edited:

Royston Vasey

Established Member
90 worksplates fell off, and I mean that literally.
They were only held on by two crappy pop rivets and after a couple of years they literally fell off. They were then all taken off when they went for a repaint as falling off at 100mph isn't good.
They were then subsequently sold on.
That photo is of a later one (1990), some of them got that newer style (the one a mate has for sale is the earlier 1988 style) after the 1988 ones fell off.

Ah right, thanks for that, always interested by little stories like that! What workmanship! Can't stretch to £200 I'm afraid!

Status
Not open for further replies.