• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

World of Subways 3 London Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle73

On Moderation
Just bought this game today (online download). Looks good, and runs fine on my system. There is one BIG issue though. When I'm playing it, after a short while it keeps crashing. This has happened a number of times, and is really annoying. I haven't got the end of the tutorial mission yet because of this (having tried a few times). Anyone else with this issue, and a solution?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Seems running it as an Administrator solved it...at least for now. Still seems to have a few bugs though - I got told to take control of a train at "platform 4", turns out it was at platform 3.....

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CC 72100

Established Member
Just bought this game today (online download). Looks good, and runs fine on my system. There is one BIG issue though. When I'm playing it, after a short while it keeps crashing. This has happened a number of times, and is really annoying. I haven't got the end of the tutorial mission yet because of this (having tried a few times). Anyone else with this issue, and a solution?

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Seems running it as an Administrator solved it...at least for now. Still seems to have a few bugs though - I got told to take control of a train at "platform 4", turns out it was at platform 3.....

The tutorial is pretty pants to be honest. Best bet is to watch a video of it on youtube to learn the ropes, I didn't do the tutorial as I heard you get stuck behind the instructor who doesn't move :roll:

Bungle73

On Moderation
The tutorial is pretty pants to be honest. Best bet is to watch a video of it on youtube to learn the ropes, I didn't do the tutorial as I heard you get stuck behind the instructor who doesn't move :roll:

Nah, I did the tutorial and it was ok. I'm not sure how one could get stuck behind the instructor tbh. The platform thing was in a mission.

There also doesn't seem to be any scoring system, or any acknowledgement of which missions you've completed. You just get get told you've completed it at the end of each mission, and that appears to be it.

dave87016

Established Member
Hi All, I have enjoyed my London Underground Simulator, however when I have reached the buffers ( at Hammersmith) at the end of a mission nothing happens is this normal or does it usually say mission accomplished? etc, I have tried it several times but with the same result or have I failed to do something on arrival at my destination ( buffers at Hammersmith)

Thanks in advance for any help provided

valenta

Hello, I think this may work, when you reach Hammersmith switch the engine off, e.g. move all controls to position they were in before you began the journey. Hope this helps you.

swj99

I bought it new off ebay last year, but had to sell it on because my computer couldn't handle it. The main symptoms were a sort of strobing effect going on with the movement of the train, no sound and games didn't save properly. It's a shame because it would have been fun.

There are several tutorial videos on youtube, the funniest of which is probably this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8H6mnM540 (part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-f6ytD-mlA&feature=watch_response (part 2)

Love it when he says,
Sod the brakes check !

Skimble19

Established Member
Bought this a couple of days ago - beware of the comments about needing a decent pc. I had to really lower all the settings to get it to play without lag, and my pc is pretty powerful. Got a new graphics card coming tomorrow, so hopefully ill be able to crank the settings up then.

Aside from that issue, from what I've seen so far it's a very good game.

£14.99 delivered next day from Amazon.

Zulnex

I have paid $29 for the download version from Just Trains (redeemed some points and got a discount as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.