• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

World of subways London Underground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

If you have a high spec computer and you love the railway, you'll love this game.

valenta

As other members have said, high spec computer is required for the game. Cannot fault gameplay and graphics etc though.

ChampsRacing

I agree with what the others have said, i have a quad core processor and a fairly high graphics card runs like a dream with good graphics anything less you may need to turn the settings down but otherwise itis a good game and suprisingly catchy to play.

exile

Established Member
I've managed to get it to run by tweaking the Windows 7 perfomance settings. Unfortunately in the real world I'd be sacked already - I can't find the instructor who's supposed to be giving me my 1st driving lesson!

valenta

I've managed to get it to run by tweaking the Windows 7 perfomance settings. Unfortunately in the real world I'd be sacked already - I can't find the instructor who's supposed to be giving me my 1st driving lesson!

I couldn't find him either! So I just read the keyboard controls manual and looked at a video on YouTube, that was easier to understand!

exile

Established Member
I did find him eventually - he'd been standing right behind me whilst I walked up and down the train like a lemon.

CC 72100

Established Member
Apologies for bumping an old thread, but I arrived back from Uni the other day to find this sitting on my desk, and I am very impressed with it. You just need to turn some settings down (I will respond with which if anyone wants) and it runs smoothly indeed, both on my 3 year old HP (3gb Ram, NVidia Geforce 8400 Graphics) which apparently doesn't meet the minimum system requirments and my current machine, of similar spec but a slightly better graphics card.

Didn't bother with the tutorial, the manual is much better. I do find I need to have a tube map by my side as I do it, so that I can check that announcements have been programmed right, and work out which Edgeware Road or Paddington I need! :P

Tomnick

Established Member
I was impressed for about three seconds, then I noticed that all three platform starter signals at Hammersmith were 'off' at the same time. As soon as one train departed, they all dropped back to Danger. Nowhere near correct behaviour!

The braking seemed a long way off too. The first step on the brake doesn't do very much at all, and all the rest bring you up in a heap very quickly!

Tis a great game!
Very realistic.. Although like many have said, you need a computer with good specs!

Well the computer isn't bad. It's 6 months old but plays railworks and UK truck simulator with ease. (Yes I'm an anorak) :) It should work although if it doesn't there is always ebay. :)

valenta

Well the computer isn't bad. It's 6 months old but plays railworks and UK truck simulator with ease. (Yes I'm an anorak) :) It should work although if it doesn't there is always ebay. :)

Should be fine if it plays Railworks OK.

CC 72100

Established Member
It is addictive indeed. Still learning all the things that need to be set mind, although I've mastered announcements, I still go around with 'NOT IN SERVICE' on the front a lot of the time, and I never manage to do the heating right either!

Status
Not open for further replies.