• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

World Tour Trickster

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTPreston_Tez

This is World Tour Trickster, somewhat similar to The Transport Game if you need help. :P

The Rules
  • Every 5 moves, a trick must be activated. Either a diversion to somewhere else, a serious delay or any other trick but does not mess up gameplay.
  • You may use a journey planner and you will need international journey timetables when we leave the UK.
  • You must put the "Moves until next trick" at the end of your post, and announce when a trick has been activated.
  • For metro systems such as the Tyne and Wear or London Underground, an exact journey time must be used, but you can board them at any time.
  • You must state the exact route you've done, bar train route numbers (So for trains, a Northern from Carlisle to Hexham/RENFE from Mataro to Arc de Triomphe, for buses the First in Dorset X53 from Exeter to Lyme Regis) as an example.
  • You may use any form of transport, barring cars, taxis and bikes unless it's a trick turn. No walking unless it's for a connection.

So, for the first move...
We take the 06:39 Preston Bus 31 from Terry's House (the stop is Ainsdale Drive/Arnside Road don't worry) and somehow we avoid getting attacked by chavs all the way up to the Bus Station, arriving at 07:09 on Wednesday the 26th of Feburary.
Moves until next trick: 4.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Bump; we are at Preston Bus Station, 07:09 on a Wednesday.
4 moves until the next trick.
C'mon it's not that hard to play the game!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

Just to make it easy to get out of the country, we'll take the NX333 coach at 0825 to Manchester Airport, arriving 1100 Wednesday morning.

I didn't think chavs stirred until about 10......

And I don't suppose my 10 year old Cooks European and Internationl TTs are any good? Thought not.

Moves until next trick: 3

VTPreston_Tez

Remember to include turns until next trick!

We take the 15:55 to Amsterdam Airport, operated by KLM arriving at 18:10 on the Wednesday evening.

Moves until next trick: 2.

dzug2

KLM KL0837 departing at 2100 will take us to Changi airport in Singapore, arriving at 1620 local time on Thursday

Moves until next trick: 1

VTPreston_Tez

Trick Turn!
We hitchhike in a car to Singapore Railway Station via East Coast Parkway. We arrive at 17:10 on Thursday afternoon local time as we walked a bit to hitchhike in said car and escape the airport. This also counts check out.
Moves until next trick: 4
(think this game might get somewhere)

dzug2

Which station? Tanjong Pagar or Woodlands?

I'm going to assume the latter as it's the only open one. MRT between the two takes 1hr 10 minutes so there's plenty of time anyway

We get the overnight train 24 to Kualar Lumpar (Sentral) dep 2330 and arrive 0630 next day, Friday

Moves until next trick: 3

Last edited:

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I'm going to point out that using your current post annotation system you will have a trick every 4 moves.

dzug2

We get the J1 bus at 0958 from outside the airport to Glenelg Interchange arriving at 1025 Saturday morning, getting off at the Jetty Road stop near the Glenelg tram terminus

Moves to next trick: 1 - and then another

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes/jetbus
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Is it time to abandon it? Or maybe add a rule that a poster can have another go if there's been no movement in say 72 hours?

VTPreston_Tez

I'll change the rule to after 24 hours to get the thread going, but what we need is an international journey planner. Can anybody get such a thing?

So we get the 10:30 tram to Adelaide Railway Station arriving 11:09 on Saturday.
Moves until next trick: Next go!

dzug2

OK the trick turn

We hear there may be a steam working on the Steam Ranger heritage line outside the city, it being a summer Sunday. So we get a taxi the 90 odd km, catch the 1415 working at Goolwa and ride to Victor Harbor and back on the 'cockle train'. We then retrace our steps to Adelaide, being there by (say) 8pm for our next 'proper' move. Anywhere in the city centre is fine.

Plenty of air travel planners out there - but don't know of any for surface transport. Seat 61 has lots of info and links for rail travel. For our next move maybe http://www.greatsouthernrail.com.au/ ?? Or http://www.greyhound.com.au/

Moves to next trick:after the 5th

deltic1989

Established Member
We get on the 20:15 Greyhound bus service to Melbourne arriving at 06:45 the following day, Monday.
Moves to next trick: 4

source: the link in the above post. (but was trying to get to Canberra 20hrs 6 mins takes the wee wee though)

dzug2

That particular link shows a train, not a bus, back to Sale.

And it only runs Tuesdays and Fridays.

There is a Monday bus to Canberra if you'd prefer?

dzug2

OK -Vline bus(coach) from Bairnsdale Station at 11.15 arriving Canberra Station at 1735 or City Centre at 1745, Monday, as you prefer.

Move until next trick: 2

Whilst that's your turn, I'll give someone else a chance for the next go, at least until tomorrow.

Maybe I shouldn't let on that I've been to most of these places even if it was yonx ago

deltic1989

Established Member
Ok since I got is into Australia I'll get us out again.

So after an overnight stay at a local hotel, we will take the 09:30 Virgin Atlantic flight from Canberra with a stop at Sydney that will get us to Hong Kong International at 22:00 on Tuesday.

Moves to next trick: 1

dzug2

We catch the airport express transit to Hong Kong (central) which takes 24 minutes. Let's say we arrive by 2330, Tuesday night. (they only publish first and last times that I can see)

question - do we assume we have visas to go wherever we want or do we avoid places (eg mainland China) that require visas arranged in advance?

Next move is the trick one

VTPreston_Tez

We can go wherever.
TRICK:
It turns out that there is a rare bullet service to London (lolwat) which takes 3 days due to the amount of stops but otherwise it runs fairly fast. We board the 23:45 Virgin Bullet Train service to London Victoria and arrive at 00:10 Saturday morning.
Moves until next trick: 5.
(wintrick)
I also request we stay within the UK for a while now, to get the postcount up.

deltic1989

Established Member
Ok so we will get the 05:32 from Victoria to Portsmouth Harbour arriving 08.02 Saturday morning.

I was so tempted to find a flight to the Falklands but i think that would be stretching the definition of UK too far :D .

dzug2

We get the 0815 ferry (SW Trains it says here - is that right?) to Ryde Pier head, arriving at 0837 Saturday morning

Moves to next trick - 3.

VTPreston_Tez

That would be right yes.
08:49 to Ryde Esplanade, arrive 08:51 that Saturday morning
Moves until next trick: 2.

dzug2

We catch the Southern Vectis No 2 bus at 0925 which takes us the long way round to Newport bus stn, arriving there at 1037 Saturday morning

Moves to next trick - 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.