• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Worse Song Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthewater

Established Member
We have the best song covers thread, how about the worse??

* The Bluetones - Move Closer

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Modron

American Pie - Madonna (butchered a classic!)
Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters (was NOT happy with their cover of this Pink Floyd classic... Prog and Disco don't mix!)
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - Miley Cyrus & Moby (wrong on every level!) as well as William Shatner's attempt!

Typhoon

Established Member
Hallelujah - Alexandra Burke. Leonard Cohen - yes; Jeff Buckley - yes, yes! But this version has been polished to within an inch of its life.

trainmania100

Established Member
Can't fight the moonlight, heard it on the radio recently it wasn't the original one from the 80s(?)
Definitely horrible cover eugh

Modron

Can't fight the moonlight, heard it on the radio recently it wasn't the original one from the 80s(?)
Definitely horrible cover eugh

I think it was covered by Leeann Rimes for the 'Coyote Ugly' film. Was not a fan of either song or film.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
With a Little Help From My Friends - Wet Wet Wet... Ugh! And the same for all other cover versions bar Joe Cocker of course :D

yorksrob

Veteran Member
With a Little Help From My Friends - Wet Wet Wet... Ugh! And the same for all other cover versions bar Joe Cocker of course :D

None of them ever recreated the sense of humour that The Beatles instilled into the song. They were all too earnest !

On a related note, "Love is all around" by Wet Wet Wet. By God, that song just didn't go away.

And that annoying video, with them all limply sitting around, all holding up bits of card so that they could project that crappy film onto them.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Would somebody PLEASE correct the thread title - it’s driving me nuts.
worst” not “worse” !

Modron

Hey Mickey by Lolly. The original was bad enough but to re-release it..... why?? Both awful

I think that Racey had the original, it was written for them by Chinn & Chapman (they also wrote for Sweet and Suzi Quatro):

Ash Bridge

Established Member
None of them ever recreated the sense of humour that The Beatles instilled into the song. They were all too earnest !

On a related note, "Love is all around" by Wet Wet Wet. By God, that song just didn't go away.

And that annoying video, with them all limply sitting around, all holding up bits of card so that they could project that crappy film onto them.

Oh yes....got to agree with you there, the thing what really gets to me though about the likes of Marti Pellow is the way they love to overcook every song they perform, Robbie Williams is another one in the same category for me also, anyway thank god Wet Wet Wet aren't still around these days (I hope)

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Matt Cardle's cover of Many of Horror (re-titled as When We Collide, to keep ITV viewers' general hopes and dreams in life just about afloat still)

Modron

Oh yes....got to agree with you there, the thing what really gets to me though about the likes of Marti Pellow is the way they love to overcook every song they perform, Robbie Williams is another one in the same category for me also, anyway thank god Wet Wet Wet aren't still around these days (I hope)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they are!

On tour in April and May throughout the UK, and are headlining a concert at Linlithgow Palace in August with The Charlatans and Deacon Blue.

Got refused a date in school due to the fact that a girl I liked loved Wet Wet Wet and I didn't. Then again, she hated Metallica, and up with that I could not put.

Another cover I am not that keen on:

Last edited:

yorksrob

Veteran Member

Knowing my luck, they're probably due a revival !

yorksrob

Veteran Member

On tour in April and May throughout the UK, and are headlining a concert at Linlithgow Palace in August with The Charlatans and Deacon Blue.

Got refused a date in school due to the fact that a girl I liked loved Wet Wet Wet and I didn't. Then again, she hated Metallica, and up with that I could not put.

How are The Charlatans lumped together with Wet Wet Wet !

Modron

How are The Charlatans lumped together with Wet Wet Wet !

PATP-Poster-660x933.jpg

Ash Bridge

Established Member

Oh please No! and I see they are doing 2 nights on the trot at Buxton Opera House on that tour which isn't so far from here <(

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh please No! and I see they are doing 2 nights on the trot at Buxton Opera House on that tour which isn't so far from here <(
I'd got you tickets for your birthday.
I've put a request for them to cover ALL of your favourite songs too!

Ash Bridge

Established Member
I'd got you tickets for your birthday.
I've put a request for them to cover ALL of your favourite songs too!

Gosh that is so thoughtful of you Mr Cowley, I'm surprised why you didn't go the whole hog and also put me on the list for a seat on any potential Merseytravel Pacer farewell tour just to completely finish me off! (Btw, how did you know it was my birthday?)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Gosh that is so thoughtful of you Mr Cowley, I'm surprised why you didn't go the whole hog and also put me on the list for a seat on any potential Merseytravel Pacer farewell tour just to completely finish me off! (Btw, how did you know it was my birthday?)
Now you've got me wondering...

Bevan Price

Established Member
A few first thoughts:

"I'm Free" by Soup Dragons
(original by Rolling Stones. )

"Everything I Own" by Boy George / Culture Club
(original by David Gates / Bread):

"I think we're alone now" by Tiffany
(original by Tommy James and The Shondells"

yorksrob

Veteran Member
A few first thoughts:

"I'm Free" by Soup Dragons
(original by Rolling Stones. )

"Everything I Own" by Boy George / Culture Club
(original by David Gates / Bread):

"I think we're alone now" by Tiffany
(original by Tommy James and The Shondells"

How are the first and last of these in the worst category, not the best ?

"I'm free" - didn't even know the Stones did a version - the Soup Dragons is the definitive as far as I'm concerned. Perfect, of its time and full of late 80's swagger.

Similarly, "I think we're alone now" - I can't imagine it by anyone else but Tiffany.

Mods, can you remove these posts to the correct thread please !

Status
Not open for further replies.